Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Miss without check engine code

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2019, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss without check engine code

2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3 Flex Fuel. 74,000 miles. Not a daily driver. Mostly weekends and 100 mile or less trips. Developed a shudder or miss that seems to be a drop in rpms. Started out feeling it at around 60 mph. Now it's pretty much any time the engine is running. May go a while without a problem, then shudder/miss four or five times in a mile. Has been getting worse. Only threw two check engine codes. The first one, an engine overheat code, was absolutely false. The second one was at very low speed crossing a parking lot. It was a low voltage to TPS code that once cleared failed to repeat. A local shop I trust started on it, and could not figure it out, so it's now at the Chevrolet dealership. It's been two weeks and they haven't figured it out. In fact, they told me late last week, they couldn't get it started at all now.The mechanics are leaning towards something electrical causing the engine to shut down.

I'm at my wits end...been four weeks without it.

Anyone else heard of or experienced this?