Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

New Truck Issues

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2021, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Truck Issues

Hello All,
First time poster here in the forum. I bought a 2007 ext. cab 1500 4x4. Before I purchased the truck I was informed that the original motor had been replaced, due to malfunction, with 2003 model 5.3. Was also told that they deleted the AFM stuff and rebuilt the forks and chain in the transfer case. when I went to pick it up I noticed it had a check engine light on and when I questioned that, I was told that it was due to a small comp cam being installed and it was just running a little lean\rich but that it didn't effect the vehicle driving. After hooking a small handheld scanner to it, I got several codes to include p0030 and p0050 and a host of other non-listed codes. Do I need to replace the o2 sensors for those banks or do I need to get a tuner and have it tuned? Also, I have noticed that after I drive the vehicle for a short distance I hear a ticking noise when I come to an idle. If i keep the rpm around 1k I don't hear it, however it idles around 600rpm. A couple other issues I have found is that the 4wd selector switch constantly shows 2wd and will not engage in auto\4wd hi\4wd low. When I asked the seller after noticing this, he simply stated that it must be a connection that did not get connected. However i have looked at what i think is all the connections and checked every fuse in the truck. No idea what i need to do with that issue. Lastly, I've noticed that when I have the air conditioner on, intermittently it will blow a fog\smoke out of the vents before completely stopping to blow out. I can hear the blower motor blowing harder than **** on the passenger side of the truck, but will not blow out the vents. Also with this, the heat will do the same thing. I am starting to think i got the shaft on buying this truck. I am not very mechanically inclined and have not found much on youtube to help me with any of these issues. Any help or tips or anything would be extremely helpful.

Thanks
Dustin