Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

No air blowing from vents

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2020, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No air blowing from vents

I have a 2011 silverado and I知 randomly not getting air from my vents. Ac or heat. The ac acts like it freezes up and I originally thought it was just the ac then heat started doing it as well. Blower motor sounds healthy and blowing like crazy but zero air. It works for a bit then quits. Then I shut it off for a while and it値l work again for a bit and do it again. I致e tried replacing the actuators in the dash, and that did nothing. Any ideas?

Last edited by Agates21; September 12th, 2020 at 1:08 PM.
Old February 18th, 2023, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did you end up finding a solution?

Originally Posted by Agates21
I have a 2011 silverado and I知 randomly not getting air from my vents. Ac or heat. The ac acts like it freezes up and I originally thought it was just the ac then heat started doing it as well. Blower motor sounds healthy and blowing like crazy but zero air. It works for a bit then quits. Then I shut it off for a while and it値l work again for a bit and do it again. I致e tried replacing the actuators in the dash, and that did nothing. Any ideas?

I have the same problem, did you end up finding a solution?
Old February 19th, 2023, 3:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

sounds like the evaporator icing up and blocking air flow. did you home charge the a/c system/ filled with a can of refrigerant and pressure gauge on the low side?
Old February 20th, 2023, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple of things to consider. I figured this out this past weekend. I was trying to replace the cabin air filter. Found out, that chevy didn't put a cabin air filter in the 2007-2013 or so model. They have the box and slot for the cabin air filter, but you have to cut the notch out so you can fit the filter in. (Check youtube, lots of how to videos on this).

Anyway, while discovering how to do this retrofit, I saw on MANY of the youtube videos that once the person got the cut out done, there was SO MUCH CRAP in there and stuck to the evaporator. That's what happens when you don't have a cabin air filter or you let it get dirty and clogged up. So obviously, these individuals had to do some brushing and vacuuming out of the box prior to putting in the cabin air filter. So what I'm saying is, if SOMETIMES the blower seems to work and sometimes it doesn't, the evaporator could have a lot of crud on it.

2nd, while I had the bottom plastic off under the dash (Takes for screws), to get a little extra room I disconnected the 2 electrical plugs for the fan and climate control. They are down underneath also. I bring this up because after I installed the cabin air filter and went through the pain to get the plastic panel back on, when I started everything up, I had no air flow at all. After calming down from panic mode, I realized I forgot to plug back in those 2 connectors. My though is, you can disconnect these 2 without taking off the panel. Disconnect them and see if the connection may be loose. Someone's foot could have kicked it. See if there's any corrosion or similar.

Mike