Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

No start/slow crank or no crank 2007 2500 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old April 2nd, 2017, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start/slow crank or no crank 2007 2500 Diesel

Chevy 2500 2007 HD Classic. Diesel, 4WD

Started cranking slow. It would usually start, but not now. Sometimes when cranking slow you would be going along, and it was like a switch was hit and it cranked fast and started. Jump start did not seem to make a difference.

Sometimes just a clunk. Headlights do not dim, voltage does not drop low, just clunks and stays there.

New batteries. No difference.

Replaced starter solenoid. Tough to find, fun to replace (not). Same issue. No change.

Presently in the clunk stage.

Cleaned all connections I could find on batteries and starter solenoid. I can not seem to find where the grounds actually connect to the engine - they disappear into the shielding.

Everything on the truck except the edge and aftermarket stuff like lights, sirens, radios is all stock from the factory. No one has done anything to those grounds etc.

Sitting in my driveway with the front right wheel off, and wheelwell cover removed.

Tried running a jumper cable from the top of the engine block to the negative of one of the batteries - no luck, but that is always iffy, those cables do not always make good connection or they fail under a load.

Help. Supposed to take this to Austin tomorrow night. (well, today technically)