Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Pioneer Stereo Install

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2020, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer Stereo Install

I have attempted to install a Pioneer Media Receiver Stereo into my 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT. I connected all of the wires as shown in wiring diagrams without a wiring kit, just straight hardwired. I connected all of the cables as they are described. Why would Chevy put 2 dark green wires in the same slot. One does look larger and does look as though it should be the ignition power wire. It does not give any power to the receiver and does not allow it to turn on. I ran a wire extension from this wire to the radio fuse in the fuse box in the engine compartment. This did give it power but when the radio is turned on it would not let the truck start. So I turned the radio off and started the truck, and then powered on the radio. This worked but it basically disabled the speedometer, RPM gauge, and made quite a few dash warning lights come on. It even said the driver door was open and that there was an airbag problem. It basically confused the Computer. So immediately I turned the radio off. Guess what, all that gauges started working like normal. Basically the dark green power wire and the front speakers are a no go with the receiver wired as would be needed for proper installation. I need someone more knowledgeable than me to tell me what I am missing.