Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Power Door Locks do not work (both lock and unlock)

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2017, 2:25 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Door Locks do not work (both lock and unlock)

2008 Silverado Ext Cab. Both lock and unlock do not work from both doors or remote. I hear weak clicking sound when attempting to operate the locks. I hear the same clicking sound when jumping the pink to the black or orange to the black at the drivers switch.

Does anyone have a schematic or know a site to get one?
Can check the actuators with out pulling the door panel?

THANK YOU,
Mark
Old December 17th, 2017, 5:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark: I just went through this exact same problem on my 2009 Silverado extended cab. Do both locks not work, or is it only one? If it is both locks, it isn't likely that both modules are bad. If it is only one lock and neither the driver's or passenger's switch will work, it is likely the lock module. What I found on mine was the right lock module itself was bad. I put a new one in and the problem went away. I also had a door ajar light on the message center come on for the right door. Do you have any door ajar message coming on in the message center? That problem also went away upon replacing the lock module. Do you have any messages coming up on the message center? Upon checking out the old module, I found that the cable going to the inside door handle wasn't as free as I thought it should be, so maybe your cable is not free causing the lock not to work. I don't know that there is any way to check to lock module without removing it and having the schematics available. You could try measuring the voltages on the switch pins while activating the lock switch. I would think it should be around 12.5 volts. If below that, I would try feeding 12.5 volts directly to the pins that actuate the lock and see if it works that way. If the lock works, the module should be good and you have a wiring or switch issue. I have an issue with my dome light not going off when it should and a schematic would be very useful in trouble shooting that problem. If you find a schematic, please let me know where I can view one so I can trouble shoot my dome light problem. harv