Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Power mirror help

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2019, 4:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power mirror help

2007 silverado. I replaced my factory mirrors with after market towing mirrors. Everything worked as it should. Worked well for 3 months.The other day, it blew the 2 amp fuse in the truck. Replaced switch, put new fuse in.
If I switch to passenger side and hit the adjust button, it blows the fuse immediately. If I select the driver side and hit the adjust button, it moves both the driver and passenger side mirror. But it only moves the passenger side mirror in....not out.
Any suggestions?
Old July 9th, 2019, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Christeachey
2007 silverado. I replaced my factory mirrors with after market towing mirrors. Everything worked as it should. Worked well for 3 months.The other day, it blew the 2 amp fuse in the truck. Replaced switch, put new fuse in.
If I switch to passenger side and hit the adjust button, it blows the fuse immediately. If I select the driver side and hit the adjust button, it moves both the driver and passenger side mirror. But it only moves the passenger side mirror in....not out.
Any suggestions?
I hooked up the original mirror on the driver side...does the same thing.

Last edited by Christeachey; July 9th, 2019 at 6:37 PM.
Old July 9th, 2019, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

Well.....I fixed it. Lol
So others will know...
I hooked up the factory driver side mirror.....it did the same thing.
Hooked up the factory Passenger side mirror...problem went away.
This told me it was the pass. Side tow mirror.
Followed the wire from the plug to the mirror, and found a very flat spot on the wire loom. Pulled it back, found a cut wire. Fixed the cut wire, problem solved.