Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Radio shuts off when key is turned off and doors closed.

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2019, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio shuts off when key is turned off and doors closed.

I looked back for over a year and didn't see anything else that matched my problem, so here goes....

I have an '09 Silverado K1500 and occasionally, when I turn the key off with the door closed, the radio will shut off. Recently the issue has started happening more frequently (2x today). When the radio shuts off, the CD player will start cycling through the CDs, and when I turn the key back on, the radio comes back on to an FM setting (I always listen to XM). Everything else seems to work OK, but it's as though the radio has been disconnected from power and not just turned off. One time everything went out and the would not come back on with the key. The battery is new, but when this happened, I removed the ground and cleaned the terminal and post and removed and cleaned the engine ground. Worked fine for a couple of days and then the radio started going out again. Any ideas on where to start looking to figure this out?