Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Stabilitrak and Traction Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2021, 9:27 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrak and Traction Control Issue

I have a 2011 Silverado 1500 (4.8L), bought it three years ago and it has run very well up until recently.

A few months ago I started having issues concerning the Stabilitrak and traction control. The traction control light and the brake light will come on, there will be a warning beep sound and then it will flash Traction Control Off, Stabilitrak Off, Service Brake system. The vehicle will not ride rough, have any issues driving, or have any performance issues what so ever. This issue happens intermittently it will go a week without happening and then it might happen three days in a row. The lights are never on right when I turn it on, but they have come on while idling before, it has come on while driving, it has happened both in forward and reverse. I cannot find any rhyme or reason as to what sets it off. The only thing I have really been able to find is someone told me to check the fuses, checked all of them with a multimeter and everything checked out with them.

If anyone can provide any help please let me know.
Old June 14th, 2021, 3:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frist do it come ON right when you turn the truck on? or after to move the steering wheel ?
If its after the steering wheel is moved it could be the steering wheel position sensor.
As far was the brake light i would say just stop in to a place that does free brake checks

I have the same issue with the Stabilitrak and traction control light happens when i turn the wheel after i start the truck but if i do not turn the wheel does not come on 99% of the time
I never fixed it for you have to take the whole steering wheel Colum off to replace