Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado Electric Power Steering Issue

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2020, 3:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado Electric Power Steering Issue

I’ve noticed that on a lot of other websites, people are saying the 2014 Silverado has issues with the electric power steering. When turning at slow speeds, my truck has completely died and just before that, the power steering start going out. Lights flicker when turning the wheel while in park. I’ve taken it to my dealer before, but all they said was “we tightened a ground, and can’t do anything unless it codes here.” I called GM and they said I had to take it back to my dealership. Obviously this is very dangerous to drive, how has anyone else dealt with this experience?
Old December 16th, 2020, 7:39 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicholas Robison
I’ve noticed that on a lot of other websites, people are saying the 2014 Silverado has issues with the electric power steering. When turning at slow speeds, my truck has completely died and just before that, the power steering start going out. Lights flicker when turning the wheel while in park. I’ve taken it to my dealer before, but all they said was “we tightened a ground, and can’t do anything unless it codes here.” I called GM and they said I had to take it back to my dealership. Obviously this is very dangerous to drive, how has anyone else dealt with this experience?
Do you have any OBD II codes? I would make darn sure the battery is in top shape as well. Perhaps the alternator is not charging it properly?
Old December 18th, 2020, 6:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes with multiple other issues on my '17 Silverado. Had it to the dealer several times and they replaced the main wiring harness from the battery to no avail. Also dealing with sometimes not starting in the morning if I don't hear the fuel pump prime plus occasionally showing Service Stabilitrak, Service Trailer Brakes, Service 4 Wheel Drive, Loss of Steering Assist. According to GM there is an update coming for the computer after the first of the year. In the meantime I'm looking for another truck.
The following users liked this post:
oilcanhenry (December 19th, 2020)