Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old July 27th, 2015, 3:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications & Four Wheel Drive Guides
Print Wikipost

2014 Silverado Rear End Noise

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2015, 8:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by vandlor
I have a 2014 with rearend noise,as well. It hums between 55 and 60, and 80 and 85. The hum stops if you take your foot off the gas, but, starts again when you give it gas. It also makes a clunking noise when rolling/idling at slow speed. I took it to the dealer before Christmas and they told me that it was normal. I said BS. They drove the truck and told me they were going to order parts to see if they could fix it. It is in the shop now.
Hey there,

Very sorry for this! If you need any additional assistance, we would be happy to look into this further on your behalf. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to your updates.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 22nd, 2015, 12:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love for a GM rep to contact me regarding the the continued issues I have with my 2014 Silverado. The dealership has replaced both rear springs and another time they re- torqued all the bolts but still the rear continues to clunk, squeak and make noises when I start, stop, go over speed bump and much more. The experience and issues I have with my truck and the dealership That can't seem to do what's needed to fix has me extremely frustrated with GM all together. I even took my truck to GMC dealer instead of local Chevy to see if they could fix and the answer is no. A call to me by a rep with GM would be the right thing to do to figure out recall or just a bulletin issue that so many forums talk about. I ask every truck owner that had a 2014 and 2015 truck like mine and they same troubles or even worse things going wrong with theirs than I am. I'm super frustrated!

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Brian,

Although we cannot verify whether or not your ticking noise is normal, we can reach out to your dealership to ensure they've taken the proper steps to ensure whether or not your vehicle is operating as designed. We recognize this can be frustrating and we want to apologize for the inconvenience. Please send us your VIN and contact information if there's anything we can do to help. We're just a private message away.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 8th, 2015, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Rear noise

My 2014 Silverado 4x4 is in the shop right now for same thingPenske Chevrolet they told me same thing normal wear I don't buy that my truck only has 9k miles on it
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Brian,

Although we cannot verify whether or not your ticking noise is normal, we can reach out to your dealership to ensure they've taken the proper steps to ensure whether or not your vehicle is operating as designed. We recognize this can be frustrating and we want to apologize for the inconvenience. Please send us your VIN and contact information if there's anything we can do to help. We're just a private message away.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 3rd, 2016, 9:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue

Originally Posted by 68chevyman
I would love for a GM rep to contact me regarding the the continued issues I have with my 2014 Silverado. The dealership has replaced both rear springs and another time they re- torqued all the bolts but still the rear continues to clunk, squeak and make noises when I start, stop, go over speed bump and much more. The experience and issues I have with my truck and the dealership That can't seem to do what's needed to fix has me extremely frustrated with GM all together. I even took my truck to GMC dealer instead of local Chevy to see if they could fix and the answer is no. A call to me by a rep with GM would be the right thing to do to figure out recall or just a bulletin issue that so many forums talk about. I ask every truck owner that had a 2014 and 2015 truck like mine and they same troubles or even worse things going wrong with theirs than I am. I'm super frustrated!
I have the same issue with my 2015 Chevy Silverado Z71. How was this not addressed yet? My truck only has 280 miles on it. Chevrolet is known to be better than this as far as their engineers go and this issue should've been revisited before continuing to manufacture trucks with the same issue. So yes I would love to have a GM rep contact me as well. It's unacceptable to spend 40k- 50k plus to have these issues.
Old August 5th, 2016, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default Rear end noise

I have 2015 Silverado 1500 with 8500 miles, making clunking noise when backing and driving slowly after bump. I just got it back from dealership all they did oil leaf springs! The noise is still there , I never had issues like this with my Ford F-150 , really having regrets buying a GM product!