Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2015 Noisy Transmission and Rattle sound

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2016, 7:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 2015 Noisy Transmission and Rattle sound

I bought a new 1500 this year and soon after I brought it home it started making a whining noise that sounds similar to a power steering pump going out (or low on power steering fluid).
Additionally, there is a noise that sounds like its coming from the left front wheel well area. It sounds something similar to a rattle. The sound could be also be similar to a pulley that has slack in the bearing (not squealing).
Two different service shops say they cant' hear it or that it is normal!
I have contacted GM customer care and I have a service ticket number assigned.
I also had an issue where the 4WD locked up and would not go back into 2WD. A case was opened for this issue and technicians adjusted a module on the transfer case. So far I haven't had any more issues but I don't use 4WD very often.
It's been 10 business days since GM customer care contacted me. I'm going to follow up with them today. I'll try to update this post with the results.
If this site can accept a video I'll share an example of the issue. It is EXTREMELY annoying and I didn't intend to pay $40k for a vehicle that makes such embarrassing noises.