Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2016 Silverado 1500 odd vibration

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2018, 9:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Silverado 1500 odd vibration

Vehicle spec:
2016 Silverado 1500 LT
62504 miles
Fuel max tires
Daily driver

So I just recently took a trip from Kansas to Florida and on my way back I had picked up a boat and trailer off a family friend.

On the way down I had no issues however on the way back I stopped to get gas in Georgia and noticed an odd vibration while sitting at the pump once I had put the truck into drive?

I can feel the vibration on the floor of the cab and can hear it as well. It seems as though the sound is originating somewhere directly below the engine on the passenger side, around the oil pan possibly. Very hard to tell where exactly it’s coming from as I can’t hear it outside of the vehicle.

Everything I have read so far is about “Chevy shake” at high speeds and would like to clearify again, this is only happening while NOT moving, but sitting in drive.

The vibration also seems to stop when in neutral and park and will begin again once I put the vehicle back in drive.

Last edited by Butterfingers; December 20th, 2018 at 9:59 PM.
Old December 29th, 2018, 12:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same thing happening but while traveling at various speeds. The vibration is also intermittent. Comes and goes without warning. Same truck / 24000 mi