Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2016 Silverado 2500HD Steering Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2016, 1:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your logic and you can do whatever you want with your vehicle I usually vary mine on each vehicle for my taste also but to avoid confusion for anyone reading this is straight from the owners manual

The Tire and Loading Information label on the vehicle indicates the original equipment tires and the correct cold tire inflation pressures. The recommended pressure is the minimum air pressure needed to support the vehicle's maximum load carrying capacity.

For additional information regarding how much weight the vehicle can carry, and an example of the Tire and Loading Information label, see Vehicle Load Limits. How the vehicle is loaded affects vehicle handling and ride comfort. Never load the vehicle with more weight than it was designed to carry.

That being said in general for HD or duramax if I'm asked I usually just tell people to do 65psi on all 4, its the midground for the sticker and usually gains some ride quality.
Old May 9th, 2016, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i unload some psi in the rear tires down to 65psi or even 60psi all the way around. will the tpms lights come on? thats what i am wanting not to do, but I want a smoother ride. When i dropped the rears to 70 it made a big difference. Im usually not hauling anything as it will be towards nov when I get a travel trailer to pull. I know some tire places have a relearn tool and can reset the tpms for you. just a pain though
Old May 13th, 2016, 6:50 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Running 55 all the way around, under normal unloaded driving conditions, the TPMS has an epileptic seizure. I dismiss it in the DIC and ignore the light. Doesn't mean a thing to me. Now to be fair, when I start the pickup, it will show the pressure in each tire, and I do look at that, but then just dismiss it if they are where I want them. To change the TPMS requires a ECM change, and many dealerships are loathe to do it because of feared liability issues. Some will.
Old May 13th, 2016, 8:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

[QUOTE=Cowpie;321665] To change the TPMS requires a ECM change[QUOTE]

tpms pressure set points, tire construction and size can be changed with a full function scan tool that can access the ebcm. The dealer is not needed as it does not involved programming.
Old May 14th, 2016, 1:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to know for those that feel the need to do it! Thanks. I probably will not mess with mine, as I have grown quite accustomed to ignoring the light anyway.