Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2016 Silverado with noise from spring area when turning backing slow.

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2018, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Silverado with noise from spring area when turning backing slow.

2016 Silverado with 52K on it. Noise when turning over speed humps. Been at dealership 2 times for bulitins saying problems with leaf springs.. Today they said they put a heavy duty grease between the springs. Noise is gone now. But question is how fast will this noise return. I have seen others with problem the same but this is first 2016 ive heard of with this problem. Biggest problem is my warrenty is out at 60K and I was told they will not help any longer. Where and what is the real problem?
Old June 23rd, 2018, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default Leaf Spring Fix

Here is what dealership said, There is a bulletin out about leaf spring problems. Dealer torked down bolts with no help, so they went back and separated springs and applied some heavy duty grease between springs. Fixed! so far. I don't know how long it will stay there however. But my truck has 52K on it and it just started making noise in last 2k miles. So if I get another 50K out of it before I trade I will be happy. This is why you buy from a local dealer and use them for service. They did all this for free since it was out of warranty and Iam a long time customer..
Old July 1st, 2018, 8:09 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Clunk

Originally Posted by Grant Eagle
Here is what dealership said, There is a bulletin out about leaf spring problems. Dealer torked down bolts with no help, so they went back and separated springs and applied some heavy duty grease between springs. Fixed! so far. I don't know how long it will stay there however. But my truck has 52K on it and it just started making noise in last 2k miles. So if I get another 50K out of it before I trade I will be happy. This is why you buy from a local dealer and use them for service. They did all this for free since it was out of warranty and Iam a long time customer..
My 2015 did the same and it went away with out greasing the susp. GM trucks since the 80's when I was turning wrenches make some kind of clunk.
Other issue on mine is wind noise .
Old July 1st, 2018, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

It seems GM is having a problem with leaf springs on 14-17 Silverado (Not sure about Sierras) but the grease has seemed to stop if for now. My dealer said some have had to do a total spring swap out. I just want about another 6 months on mine then I am planning on trading on the new body style 2019 with the 10 speed automatic.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

Well its back, Noise in rear area, Sounds just like before. Ive noticed the dealerships are full of 16,17 trade ins... Chevy needs to figure this out and quick, If I have to trade I will but it will not be a Chevy. Loyal customer for 50 years and this is unexceptable to pay 50K for a truck and its only 2 years old and making this noise..
Old September 10th, 2018, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Have the same problem on my 2017 Silverado. Has been in shop twice and all they do is lube them. Lasts about 2 months. Ask them to replace and they brush you off.
Old September 12th, 2018, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

Got tired of the bs on the Silverado, purchased a new gmc sierra. lets see how it goes.