Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2018 Silverado 18,000 Miles

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2019, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Silverado 18,000 Miles

My 2018 Silverado now has about 18K on it now.

Someone on this forum turned me on to the Pedal Command which I fully intend to purchase soon. That should fix the acceleration delay. But wanted to give the group some feedback on the ownership experience at this point

I am happy with the towing, stopping and once you are moving, the power and acceleration.

We had two service issues, both this year.
1. The satellite antenna got a leak in it which I am told is pretty common - why they did not then anticipate it and schedule its replacement before it failed I'll never know. It took quite some time to locate the part as they are in heavy demand apparently.
2. The fuel gauge went nuts and started showing erratic fuel levels. I kept it full while waiting for a slot to open my dealer. Again the part was back-ordered and in demand...same question, why didn't they find me and set up an appointment.

I have added:
1. Carhartt camo seat covers which are extremely durable.
2. Husky under seat storage bin - never had one, highly recommend it for gloves, jumper cables, emergency blanket, air pump
3. The truck came with GM all-weather interlocking floor mats. I replaced them with Weathertech floor liners front and back. (I am selling the front and read all weather GM floor mats and the heavy rubber bed mat which was never used if anyone is interested)

The Michelin tires are great for the highway but they are terrible in the red clay south-easter Ohio mud. Instead doughnut and the clay won't spin off. I have heard ten sets of BFG all-terrain tires over the years with no failures and only one bad tire which NTB cheerfully replaced. Had radial pull to one side.

The 6.0 and lack of active fuel management have made this truck a great experience for us. It is a farm truck so it is bound to get dinged and dirty. It has been a hard worker so far with a few creature comforts. No rattles, lot less wind noise and only one regret. I shoulda got the long bed.

Cheers