Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Jump started my truck and horn, hazard lights, and wipers will not shut off

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2018, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jump started my truck and horn, hazard lights, and wipers will not shut off

I have a 2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 4wd Crew Cab with roughly 40K miles and it would not started after being parked for only 20 minutes. When I turned the key nothing came on and the key fob could not communicate with the car. I had my dad help me jump it with his truck and when we did the horn started sounding, windshield wiper fluid started spraying with wipers running, hazards went on and driving lamps. I disconnected the horn fuse and the wipers fuse to drive the vehicle home. I then disconnected battery for 24 hours and when I reconnected the battery everything was back to normal. I brought it to Diamond Chevrolet in Auburn, MA to see why this happened so hopefully it did not happen again. The dealership went through the electrical system and said there was no issue. They disconnected and reconnected some cables and sent me on my way. The truck worked for a day and then today I drove to work and it will not start again. Any ideas why? Thanks.

Last edited by palumbo20; January 24th, 2018 at 2:06 PM. Reason: vehicle description change
Old January 24th, 2018, 3:03 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I had a 94 Saturn did the same thing, This was the result of a dead battery. Is this battery original?
Old January 24th, 2018, 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is the original battery. When I dropped it off at the service center I asked them to check the battery and when I picked it up they said they had but I just reviewed the service paper work and I do not see that in the description anywhere so I am not sure they did. Did replacing the battery take care of this issue CF Addict? Thanks.