Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

My First Post: joined the Chevy Forum, here I am!

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2018, 5:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My First Post: joined the Chevy Forum, here I am!

Hello world!
I'm brand new to these Chevy forums - thought I'd join the 21st century for a change, and continue the fun with my new truck online. For what it's worth, I am an anachronistic mid-50's guy with his first brand new GM product EVER.
My ride is a 2017 2500HD Silverado Doublecab longbed, plain Jane white worktruck - when I was younger, they called this model the WT. As opposed to the LT or Z-71. Love the new truck, white with absolutely nothing special - other than it's a snowplow prep package truck - so it has the big amp alternator and is pre-wired for rooftop lighting etc.

My wife and I got this truck to replace a "scandal" 2010 VW Golf TDI which I used as a daily driver.

This ride is about to become our bug-out vehicle, as we are having a 4 Wheel Camper pop-up Grandby camper being built so we will be camp-ready at all times!

More as I have time - when my dawgz aren't barking for my attention!

Adam
Old February 14th, 2018, 7:47 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alphalimafoxtrot
Hello world!
I'm brand new to these Chevy forums - thought I'd join the 21st century for a change, and continue the fun with my new truck online. For what it's worth, I am an anachronistic mid-50's guy with his first brand new GM product EVER.
My ride is a 2017 2500HD Silverado Doublecab longbed, plain Jane white worktruck - when I was younger, they called this model the WT. As opposed to the LT or Z-71. Love the new truck, white with absolutely nothing special - other than it's a snowplow prep package truck - so it has the big amp alternator and is pre-wired for rooftop lighting etc.

My wife and I got this truck to replace a "scandal" 2010 VW Golf TDI which I used as a daily driver.

This ride is about to become our bug-out vehicle, as we are having a 4 Wheel Camper pop-up Grandby camper being built so we will be camp-ready at all times!

More as I have time - when my dawgz aren't barking for my attention!

Adam
Welcome. Do you have the 6 liter gas engine or the diesel?
Old February 15th, 2018, 5:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks fore reading my intro post!

The truck is a very plain 6.0 liter gas-powered model. I have had years of diesels in Ford/Chevy trucks as well as VW cars, but for this application (truck camper) my wife and I wanted gas for a number of reasons. We are happy with it.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 6:21 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alphalimafoxtrot
Thanks fore reading my intro post!

The truck is a very plain 6.0 liter gas-powered model. I have had years of diesels in Ford/Chevy trucks as well as VW cars, but for this application (truck camper) my wife and I wanted gas for a number of reasons. We are happy with it.
Congradulations. That engine is still a Gen IV engine. Super reliable and not encumbered by the AFM fuel cutoff. ie: not overly fancy.