Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Nerd Bars or Running Boards

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2016, 9:57 AM
AVZ
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nerd Bars or Running Boards

I am having trouble finding nerf bars or running boards for my 2015 3500 HD Long Bed SRW. I am looking for bars that extend to the rear tires. Can anyone direct me to where I might find a set?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by AVZ; May 30th, 2016 at 6:28 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old May 31st, 2016, 8:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Yes, we do sell some nice wheel to wheel side steps for these trucks, you can check the full list of available side steps and running boards on this page: 2015 Chevy Silverado Running Boards | Nerf Bars | Side Steps

One of the most popular wheel-to-wheel models is
Iron Cross® - HD Steps more details on - Iron Cross® - HD Steps

These are very durable and provide a very nice grip. You can read more about this manufacturer here: Iron Cross | Off-Road Bumpers & Running Boards - CARiD.com
We are a vendor on the forum, so feel free to contact me directly if you need a quote. Please include your email and shipping zip code.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 10:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always been partial to running boards, but then, I live on gravel roads and it helps protect the sides from being beat up. Tried tube steps one time and took them off after the first few rains. They just layered up with mud on top of them. For my needs, something like above would be out of the question. They do look good though.

So it all depends on what your pickup and you have to deal with. Stylish works for general hard top type of stuff and looks nice. I have been partial to the Raptor Stainless Steel running boards. Laverne and Ionic have the very same boards as well. Very strong and hold up under a lot of abuse. Mine deal with corn fields, road ditches, gravel roads and mud, off road hillside terrain, some pretty big snow drifts in winter. Good wide, sure footing for anyone getting in or out of the pickup, especially the older folks and kids. No chance of missing the step getting out.

Last edited by Cowpie; June 3rd, 2016 at 10:03 PM.
Old June 13th, 2016, 4:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nerf bars are heavy-duty and will look good on your truck. I like the style of Iron Cross and Nfab.