Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

P219B code

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2021, 11:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P219B code

Good afternoon everybody! I had this code pop last night so I cleared it out. On the way to work it came back on. Today at lunch I looked at my K&N to see if everything is connected and the filter just popped off. I went and screwed it back on and tighter and erased it again.

As I was driving I noticed when I would press the gas a little more to get going, in higher gears it seemed to not “get up and go,” for a lack of better terms.

im not sure if the air filter could have been the reasoning behind it. Just seeing if anybody has advice or if it’s happened to anybody else.

thanks everybody!
Old March 4th, 2021, 3:25 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeljames1989
Good afternoon everybody! I had this code pop last night so I cleared it out. On the way to work it came back on. Today at lunch I looked at my K&N to see if everything is connected and the filter just popped off. I went and screwed it back on and tighter and erased it again.

As I was driving I noticed when I would press the gas a little more to get going, in higher gears it seemed to not “get up and go,” for a lack of better terms.

im not sure if the air filter could have been the reasoning behind it. Just seeing if anybody has advice or if it’s happened to anybody else.

thanks everybody!
P219B CHEVROLET Possible Causes

Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors
Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel
Leaking evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve
Exhaust or intake air system leaks
Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system
Incorrectly seated engine oil dipstick, tube, or oil fill cap.
Engine vacuum leak (large)
Defective oxygen sensor/s
Burnt, chafed, broken, or disconnected wiring and/or connectors
Engine exhaust leaks
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor
Bad fuel pump or clogged fuel filter

Also, if you are using the K&N oil-soaked air filter, the oil can hit your MAF sensor and it will need to be taken
off and cleaned. You can buy MAF cleaner, but electrical contact cleaner is just as good and can be used for other things.
Or soak it in rubbing alcohol for 12 hours. It must be dry before you re-install it.

I would chuck the K&N air filter, but it's possible that the excess oil mist, contaminating
it is gone, and you MAY/Might continue to use it, if that is the case. The MAF must
stay clean, no matter what. I chucked mine and use ACDelco air filters myself.
Old March 7th, 2021, 11:48 AM
CF Veteran

Received 266 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeljames1989

thanks everybody!
Because the code is for Bank 2 only (passenger side), anything that can affect both banks can be ruled out. Your focus needs to be on leaks between the intake ports and upstream O2 sensor, fuel injectors, plugs/coils and compression on bank 2. Also don’t assume the converter is good - a lack of power as you describe is generally indicative of a restriction in the exhaust or intake. Since bank 1 doesn’t seem to have any problems, the intake is unlikely to have a restriction.