Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

quick question on playing Videos via USB on my 2017 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2017, 7:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question quick question on playing Videos via USB on my 2017 Silverado

Hi all!

Found this site via a Google search, and registered; hoping to get some expert assistance with an annoying issue I seem to have run into. I was told to get a 32 gig (or smaller) USB stick, formatted FAT32 ONLY, and place ONLY .mp4 video files on it to play on the 8" Chevy MyLink system. Soooo ... I got two 16gig FAT32 USB sticks.. put Star Wars movies on one, and Lord of the Ring movies on the other, all in .mp4 format, and inserted one into the USB in center console. 1) It detected on the screen, I opened it, and it just spun, refreshing I guess, for the 15 min drive home and nothing opened/was shown 2) when I tried the other stick, and pulled the first one out, it was surprisingly HOT! 3) shutting off the truck, then trying stick #2 for the 20 min drive to the mall resulted in the same spinning forever icon upper right and no contents ever showing up.. Note: I also tried the USB plug in the top glove box, same results.. Am I doing something wrong here???

Thanks for any help!
Jeff