Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Stabilitrack & complete power failure!!

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2018, 7:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrack & complete power failure!!

My 2014 Silverado 1500 has been experiencing complete power failure. Always while driving. Anywhere from 5 mph to 60 mph. VERY DANGEROUS!!
It happened 5 or 6 times last year where the stabilitrack warning light comes on , all the dash lights flicker then a complete power outage. I had to stop and put the truck into park and restart. Last week I was going 60 mph on an expressway and it died out. VERY DANGEROUS. It has been happening far more frequent now. It happens without the stabilitrack light coming on now and at least once a week. The wheel will also jerk out of my hands and it is hard to control. It often dies then comes on it's own. I am over 65,000 miles and an certain that GM won't honor any sort of warranty on it, even though it was over a year ago that it first happened and well under 30,000 miles. I believe this to be a manufacturer's defect as there are hundreds of similar complaints on carcomplaints.com.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Any one know how to get ahold of the NTSB to start a recall investigation?