Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

"Steering Assist Reduced - Drive with Care"

Old January 24th, 2018, 7:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Steering Assist Reduced - Drive with Care"

2017 Sierra SLE, ~8,300 miles, owned since new, just got the above DIC message last night and again this morning. Internet searches on this message turned up some potential (but ridiculous) causes, but I haven't leveled the suspension, replaced any OEM bulbs with LEDs, or hung chrome truck nutz off the rear bumper. Suggested fixes involve anything from removing the negative battery cable to reset various control modules to ripping up the dash to clean and tighten ground wires.

Does anybody else who's had this issue know if there's an applicable TSB or something that I can reference when I make an appointment with the dealership?

Thanks!
Old May 26th, 2018, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

You figure out the problem? My truck just started this today with 5k miles. Can't get to the dealer till after the holiday....
Old July 30th, 2018, 2:03 AM
CF Beginner

Hi,
I had the message 2 days ago on my new GMC Yukon 2018, 700 Km only.
I was low on fuel (remaining around 150 Km) when it happened.
Impact:
- hard steering
- ABS off
- Front and rear parking sensors off
- Traction control off

I drove for few Km then I refueled and message disapparead and everything went back to normal.
I have an appointment at the maintenance center today, will keep you posted

best,
Old July 31st, 2018, 9:48 AM
CF Beginner

Haven't figured out the cause, but I also haven't taken it in to the dealer yet, either. The message is there at start-up every time I drive the truck (~16k now). I don't notice any difference in steering effort or control, and none of the other indicators that hzogheib mentions. Fuel level hasn't had an affect, either. I'm curious to see what hzogheib learns from his appointment.

Search this Thread