Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

2019 silverado vibration

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2019, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2019 silverado vibration

I have a 2019 silverado 1500 crew cab Lt Z71 short bed 4x4. 400 miles on it. when I am coming to a stop or slowing down at around 35 mph down to 20 mph I get a vibration a quick not slow vibration. I feel its drive-train related. It will have the vibration while braking or just letting the truck slow down to a stop on its own. Braking just exaggerates it. So not brake problem. No vibrations on acceleration. Anyone have info or knowledge on this issue ? Thanks Dave
The following 3 users liked this post by dav49978:
cctwb (March 16th, 2021), NeilA (November 2nd, 2022), Ron Parks (February 20th, 2020)
Old August 30th, 2019, 12:37 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by dav49978
I have a 2019 silverado 1500 crew cab Lt Z71 short bed 4x4. 400 miles on it. when I am coming to a stop or slowing down at around 35 mph down to 20 mph I get a vibration a quick not slow vibration. I feel its drive-train related. It will have the vibration while braking or just letting the truck slow down to a stop on its own. Braking just exaggerates it. So not brake problem. No vibrations on acceleration. Anyone have info or knowledge on this issue ? Thanks Dave
I'd let the dealer fix it myself..
Old August 30th, 2019, 1:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
I'd let the dealer fix it myself..
I would to, who would not? but someone has had this issue before. I guarantee the dealer will say its normal . Would like a little info if I can find it before taking in. I have it pinpointed in drivetrain . I test drove another one just like it today and its in that truck also. Someone knows of this vibration for sure.
Old August 31st, 2019, 12:49 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

I would to, who would not? but someone has had this issue before. I guarantee the dealer will say its normal . Would like a little info if I can find it before taking in. I have it pinpointed in drive-train . I test drove another one just like it today and its in that truck also. Someone knows of this vibration for sure.
Could be something like the driveshaft not being balanced properly.Quality control has been bad with lots of makes, and with stuff made in China these days its worse.
Old October 5th, 2019, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im almost relieved to find this post. My wheels were stolen in the first few weeks of owning my truck. It was left on blocks. Once replaced I got it back and I started to notice shaking. After 3 balance runs, road force balance and so on ... still a vibration. I notice it at 37, 70 mph the most.

Dealer said... "looks good to us "

I dont really notice anything with braking. Just an annoying shimmer.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2019 Silverado LT 5.3 4x4. , Exact same issue, I was thinking trans shudder or driveshaft.. I took it to the dealership and I drove with a Chevy tech and he felt it, he took it in the back and was on the phone with GM tech services but it's not doing it for him and he can't pin point issue on a rack. he said the trans shudder TSB doesn't apply to my vehicle It only got 800 miles, they said drive it for another couple 1000 miles and see it it gets worse or better,. On the way home I put it in low and shifted through all the gears and 2nd gear vibrates like a ****, smooth in all the other gears,. I believe it's a trans issue. They know about it they just don't want to fix transmissions
Old November 26th, 2019, 8:02 PM
CF Beginner

I own 2019 new body does same thing. I noticed it after delivery dealer said to put some miles on. Now has 3000 miles no change, the are telling me it's normal.
I'm not happy at all tried trading truck off for f150. Looking at a $10,000 loss

Last edited by John Tabbitas; November 26th, 2019 at 8:07 PM.
Old November 28th, 2019, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by John Tabbitas

I own 2019 new body does same thing. I noticed it after delivery dealer said to put some miles on. Now has 3000 miles no change, the are telling me it's normal.
I'm not happy at all tried trading truck off for f150. Looking at a $10,000 loss
which transmission do you have? I have the 5.3 with the 6 speed in my trailboss, I get a little vibration when the afm is on 4 cylinder . My 13 did the same thing. Smooth otherwise.
Old December 6th, 2019, 2:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've had similar issues.

I have a 2019 Silverado Z71. I've had it to the dealership 3 times now for the rear brakes grabbing/dragging for the first use of the day. The first time they sanded the pads and rotors on the rear. The very next day I had the same issues. I took it back to the dealership and a month later they finally put new pads and rotors on it and fixed the ABS issues. Yesterday it did the same thing and is now making a metal to metal sound when I use the brakes. I have another appointment next week. I'm really frustrated with this issue. The shaking/vibrations must have been a ABS issue because the issue is gone for now.
The following users liked this post:
Aaron Richardson (December 8th, 2019)
Old December 13th, 2019, 10:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vibration

Well, this is encouraging....not. I have a week old Silverado Double cab that has the vibration as well. Very minor but noticeable. Only has 245 miles on it. Glad/not glad to know others have it as well. And someone mentioned dragging brakes. I think I have possibly felt it doing that.

Otherwise I love this thing. Went in to the dealer looking at a used 2018 with 1200 miles but got a new 19 cheaper.

My very first new truck ever was this color.
The following users liked this post:
Mike F (December 15th, 2019)

Quick Reply: 2019 silverado vibration