Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

2019 silverado vibration

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2019, 5:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it back to the dealership before you get to that 300 mile mark!
Old December 15th, 2019, 9:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2019 Silverado LT All Star, with 5.3, and the 8 speed MQE trans. I have a constant vibration from 35 MPH +. hard downshift from 2nd to 1st shudder, and if I hit the gas after a quick stop, the tranny with be out of gear and grab and launch.. Had this happen one day when roads were a bit icy... Dealer did a fluid flush to new Mobil 1 blue. Did nothing to fix issue. Back two more times. GM Field Engineer drove it says this is normal operation, due to DFM. I disagreed. Contacted GM customer care, they agreed to have Field Engineer come back and ride with me and compare another truck. That was a month ago and I have been ghosted by GM and the Dealer. Will not return my calls. I am also thinking of trading, but other manufacturers as well as GM knows the value of these things are diminished. Going to try the Lemon Law route to see what happens. For close to 50k and to get ignored is outrageous. If you had a broken 20 dollar toaster you would get a new one.
Old December 17th, 2019, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default Similar problem

I own a 2019 Silverado 1500 high country 4x4 with the 6.2 and new 10 speed and its unfortunate but I have noticed a vibration at 60-70 mph from day one. I brought it back next day for the salesman to tell me to break it in and put a few thousand miles on it so I did. It now has almost 6k miles and still there. I’ve taken it back around 3k miles they road forced balanced all tires said it was fixed. It wasn’t so I took it right back. Had the service manager do a ride along and he confirmed that he could feel it and said it felt like doming in the drive line and would need to do a pico scope inspection. I plan on taking it back to follow them down this road of little hope. I will update the thread once I do to inform what they find if anything. And to top it off I started noticing a annoying whistle from outside the truck going 35+ mph you can hear it with the windows up and pretty bad with windows down. I drove around half the day Wondering what it could be so I googled it and of course found a thread with other people with the same complaint. GM has a bulletin posted with no fix for it YET... i have only ever owned GM trucks in my life and this is my 4th. I gotta say I think I’m going ram on my next one. Sad.
The following users liked this post:
cctwb (March 10th, 2021)
Old January 18th, 2020, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue

Hi every one, I have the same issue, my brother has the same truck and same issue as well, I haven't go to the dealer yet, my brother already went and they said is normal, it is not normal to us. He also had a 2015 silverado and same issue as well its frustrating that Chevrolet hasn't fix the issue for years. The other problem I noticed is that when I'm stopped and then release the brake pedal to drive it makes a noise like a hard release like something lose.
Pete Hansen (January 22nd, 2020)
Old January 18th, 2020, 11:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Could be something like the driveshaft not being balanced properly.Quality control has been bad with lots of makes, and with stuff made in China these days its worse.
My guess as well.
Old February 6th, 2020, 7:46 PM
CF Beginner

Well i have the same problem as everyone else is talking about on here!! 38 MPH down to 10 MPH approx: I have had 24 'NEW" G.M. trucks and this one is the WORST!!!!!Im a HARD CORE G.M. man and work for them.This is not right,!Took it to the dealer also and drove one just like mine to a tee, 2020 same problem!!!!!!!! My truck is my "Passion"and im NOT happy with this issue!! G.M. FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!
MimisLift (December 18th, 2023)
Old February 7th, 2020, 8:44 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

can also be in the transmission
MimisLift (December 18th, 2023)
Old February 12th, 2020, 12:03 AM
CF Beginner

Default Intermittent vibration and noise at low power

2019 Silverado, 8 speed, 5.3. 12K miles. Just above coast with slight throttle, when the RPMs drop to 1100, I feel and hear a low shudder that you can make go away by increasing RPMs either by shifting to manual or acceleration. Can happen at different speeds but only at that rpm and power level. Changes in intensity. Been to the dealer twice. Says it doesn't happen often enough to troubleshoot. I hate it. I either need to figure it out or wait tell it gets worse. Which it slowly is.
Old March 3rd, 2020, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Shudder at low power. Fixed?

Took my truck in for the third time. I think they finally figured it out. Maintenance bulletin 19-NA-121 describes it perfectly. Transmission torque converter shutter. They flushed and installed a new type of transmission fluid. It states that it may take 200 miles to completely disappear. I'll let you know. Required Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP fluid.
MimisLift (January 28th, 2024)
Old July 20th, 2020, 5:12 AM
CF Beginner

Hey was this issue resolved for you?
cctwb (March 10th, 2021)

Quick Reply: 2019 silverado vibration