Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

2019 silverado vibration

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2020, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the EXACT same thing happening with my 2019 Silverado. It seems like an awful lot of vibration even for a truck. Definitely a 'shudder' when slowing and using the brakes. When I took it to the dealer, the tech said the anti-lock brake technology has evolved and that that was a part of the vibration/shudder with the braking. I still didn't like the vibration while I am driving. I though maybe the road or something but it is inconsistent by all measures. Highway, back roads, wet, snow, ice...it just doesn't matter, I get the irregular shudder no mater what. Ugh!
Old March 10th, 2021, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default Coming into this thread late

Just bought used 2019 High Country and am experiencing this vibration. Luckily, mine only happens between 19-21MPH. Truck has 25k miles. This vibration feels like I’m driving over those safety ridges they put/ cut out on interstates on edge of right lane. But not as forceful. Very light and just noticeable. Very annoying though. It happens excerpting thru that speed or slowing down thru that speed whether brakes are applied on not. It happens when in drive or when selecting electronic manual shifting. Has nothing to do with which gear the truck is in and nothing to do with breaking. I still have a few months warranty and plan on taking it in but expect I’ll get same answer as tou guys. Has anyone found anything new??

update: check bulletin 19-NA-121. It calls for a torque converter replacement on the 5.3 2019 Silverado. It tells dealer to replace it one time. If the vibration continues, it tells them to use other troubleshooting techniques. Hope this helps!

Last edited by cctwb; March 16th, 2021 at 4:58 PM.
Old January 4th, 2022, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

I had vibration problems come to find out it was my bug deflector
Old March 21st, 2022, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2019 Chevrolet 1500 New Body vibration

My truck started to vibrate around 12000 miles. The truck would vibrate going down the road doing 60 MPH. I brought it in, they did a trans fluid flush. Well that didn’t work, Chevy said they cant get it vibrate when i brought it back in, so with my frustration i asked the head manager of the service dept to take my truck to his house for the night. So the next day i contacted the dealership the next day and they said they ordered a new torque converter and valve body for the transmission (cause he felt the vibration). About 40 days later i got my truck back. I now have vibration with hard acceleration and still the vibration cruising down the road. So they said they have a field tech that comes around to look at hard problems. His comments were this, since i have 2019 Chevy with 25,xxx miles it sits to long and the bearings in the pinion were or are rusted and pitted.
Old March 21st, 2022, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

I’m in the same boat. Now they are telling me that pinion bearings were or are pitted (BullCrap).
Old April 20th, 2022, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same issue in my 2019 LT Silverado. My truck vibrates when braking and also when going down the road at 60 mph when cold. I took it in and the GM tech noticed it. First they flushed the transmission and changed to new recommended fluid. Supposedly the original fluid was drawing moisture to the transmission. Well that didn’t change anything. Then they replaced the transmission with a rebuilt one. That didn’t change anything. Then they changed the driveshaft which also didn’t change anything. I’m not sure about the vibration when braking but the vibration when going down the road feels like it could be in the rear end. Is that possible?
Old May 26th, 2022, 7:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Transmission Shudder

Most all these posts sound like transmission shudder, Dealer try's No 1, they tell you it's normal ....N0.2 Mobil 1 trans synthetic fluid , works for a while 3. Replace Torque Converter (after much struggle with crooked Dealer, 4 .Shrapnel and Shavings from Torque Converter makes it to inner transmission 5. Ruined transmission ......6. Customer sells vehicle , takes a Hit, 7. Customer sends GM "Thanks You Card"

Last edited by Oldirongut; May 26th, 2022 at 7:20 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old July 18th, 2022, 7:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Chevy shakes problems

Google "chevy shakes" and check out the complaints! Our 2018 Silverado short bed is at the dealership now, its been 2 weeks today. First they changed transmission fluid, said factory put in wrong kind, now they are trying different tires because we have so few miles(12,300) they actually said its because we don't drive it enough so the tires are starting to disintegrate!! Can you believe that BS?? All complaints point to the aluminum drive shaft...I have read more than one complaint stating that once the aluminum shaft was removed and replaced with a heavier steel driveshaft, the problem was eliminated. There has been many laws suits across the nation with that item being targeted as the main problem. Unfortunately, unless your state has a GREAT lemon law, they have been dismissed in several states. California is the exception I have found, and GM did recall many models, the Silverado being one of them. I have tried talking to GM, and all I get is a big run around. They would not comment on the recall in California. My state has an AWFUL lemon law, so I continue to beg and plead with GM to make this right. The shake or vibrations usually start when speed is over 45 mph, and it gets worse with acceleration. It is so annoying it causes driver distraction, gives me a headache! After a few miles all you are aware of is that incessant shaking and vibrating! It really ruins the beauty and luxury of a $60,000 decked out truck. We really would like to trade it in on a Toyota Tundra or a Ford, but with the economy, there are not many car lots around here that have a decent supply of new trucks. I hope GM will do the honorable thing and buy it back from us so we can move on. This is our LAST Chevrolet! We will have to drive to Houston or New Orleans looking for a new vehicle, small towns just don't have the inventory. And BTW, if you have a fairly new truck, get it to the dealership asap before your mileage nulls your power train warranty! That is the only reason they are servicing ours now...our bumper to bumper warranty expired in Jan of 22, but our low mileage keeps us in under the power train warranty! And don't believe them and go buy new tires! That's the 2nd thing they will tell you is the problem. First is the transmission fluid! And it wouldn't hurt to call GM and register your complaint. The customer care phone number is 800-462-8782. Have your VIN and model info ready. They will get your info and assign you a case number. Good luck all!

Last edited by JuJuGirl; July 18th, 2022 at 7:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
zx14racing (October 31st, 2022)
Old July 19th, 2022, 7:53 AM
CF Beginner

Default 8 sp junk

Originally Posted by JuJuGirl
Google "chevy shakes" and check out the complaints! Our 2018 Silverado short bed is at the dealership now, its been 2 weeks today. First they changed transmission fluid, said factory put in wrong kind, now they are trying different tires because we have so few miles(12,300) they actually said its because we don't drive it enough so the tires are starting to disintegrate!! Can you believe that BS?? All complaints point to the aluminum drive shaft...I have read more than one complaint stating that once the aluminum shaft was removed and replaced with a heavier steel driveshaft, the problem was eliminated. There has been many laws suits across the nation with that item being targeted as the main problem. Unfortunately, unless your state has a GREAT lemon law, they have been dismissed in several states. California is the exception I have found, and GM did recall many models, the Silverado being one of them. I have tried talking to GM, and all I get is a big run around. They would not comment on the recall in California. My state has an AWFUL lemon law, so I continue to beg and plead with GM to make this right. The shake or vibrations usually start when speed is over 45 mph, and it gets worse with acceleration. It is so annoying it causes driver distraction, gives me a headache! After a few miles all you are aware of is that incessant shaking and vibrating! It really ruins the beauty and luxury of a $60,000 decked out truck. We really would like to trade it in on a Toyota Tundra or a Ford, but with the economy, there are not many car lots around here that have a decent supply of new trucks. I hope GM will do the honorable thing and buy it back from us so we can move on. This is our LAST Chevrolet! We will have to drive to Houston or New Orleans looking for a new vehicle, small towns just don't have the inventory. And BTW, if you have a fairly new truck, get it to the dealership asap before your mileage nulls your power train warranty! That is the only reason they are servicing ours now...our bumper to bumper warranty expired in Jan of 22, but our low mileage keeps us in under the power train warranty! And don't believe them and go buy new tires! That's the 2nd thing they will tell you is the problem. First is the transmission fluid! And it wouldn't hurt to call GM and register your complaint. The customer care phone number is 800-462-8782. Have your VIN and model info ready. They will get your info and assign you a case number. Good luck all!
i had same issues with my 17 8 Speed. Dealer tried flush and new fluid, partial improvement, but symptoms returned and had to do manual shifts going uphill in cruise to force trans shift, to maintain speed ! So, I reached out thru a resource to an unnamed GM person, who advised me to ‘ get rid of truck ‘ and move up to new 10 sp, if I wanted to stay with Chev. He indicated sourced components used to rebuild 8 speeds are same as original builds, and problems will continue in some varying degree over time ! My move to a 2020 Silverado with 10 sp has not been regretted at all ! Even better gas mileage, as high as 22 on highway.

Last edited by ezymount; July 20th, 2022 at 7:38 AM.
Old August 9th, 2022, 3:20 AM
CF Beginner

Default Transmission Shutter

I have a 2018 V6 I also have a shutter I took it to dealer they did a transmission flush didn't fix anything , I took it back after I put 200 miles on it and they told me I have to drive it more for the flush to work, I bought this truck back in October with 18000 miles on it and it is a certified Chevy , as I read some of the comments my truck came with all new tires on it which I thought was strange now I see why, I've put 500 miles on it and will be calling them back but by the sounds I may be stuck with the problem , I just don't want the transmission to drop out of it when my warranty ends.

Quick Reply: 2019 silverado vibration