Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

2022 Trail Boss Wiper Relay Location

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2023, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2022 Trail Boss Wiper Relay Location

I started my truck the other day and the wiper turned on by themselves and would not turn off. I took it to the dealer and they had no clue. After returning the next day and leaving it with them all day, they said they monitored with diagnostic software and all the commands look good and it is a bad wiper relay. They claim that the relay is permanently attached somewhere in the under hood fuse block and that they have to replace the entire fuse block , which is on backorder of course. Searching around a bit to try to find a fuse block on my own , because driving around without wipers is a poa, I came across a wiper relay at Autozone for $17. I cannot find anything that says where this relay is. Does anyone here know where this relay is located?

2022 (refresh) Trail Boss 1500 LT 5.3

Old July 25th, 2023, 9:15 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I just looked at the owner's manual for my 2022 Silverado LT and there is no mention of a windshield wiper relay. I do know that more and more relays are being incorporated/built into the electrical load centers (fuse panels) and ECM/PCMs

I would look at an actual parts manufacturer's online catalog such as Standard Motor Products (https://www.standardbrand.com/en/ecatalog) or ACDelco (http://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/cat...log_search.php) and see if there is a listing for a windshield wiper relay for your specific model rather than relying on a parts store catalog which may not be right.

Good Luck!