Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

Need opinion on advanced trailering option

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2020, 9:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Need opinion on advanced trailering option

I recently purchased the 2020 Silverado RST. The advanced trailering package (ATP) was the biggest selling point for me. The ATP offers all sorts of helpful features, including the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TTPMS). For this to work, you obviously have to install pressure sensors in your trailer tires, which I had not done yet, nor purchased yet. I hooked up my travel trailer and was referring to my user manual to set up my trailer profile. While reading through the manual, and learning about the TTPMS, I found the following sentence:
Page 394
Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Operation
If equipped, the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TTPMS) is designed to monitor the pressure of the trailer tires and warn the driver when a low pressure condition exists. TTPMS sensors for four tires are provided. The system can accommodate a trailer with up to six tires if additional sensors are purchased from the dealer.

My truck is equipped with the TTPMS, so am I wrong in believing that I should have been given four sensors? I contacted the dealer and was told this was not an option on my truck, and he kept referring to the build sheet and build codes. I understand that, if your vehicle wasn’t equipped with an option/feature, then you don’t have that option/feature. However, what I’m reading clearly states if your vehicle is equipped with the TTPMS, which mine is, then you are provided with four sensors.

Last edited by Andrew_1214; June 5th, 2020 at 9:47 AM. Reason: Wrong wording
The following 2 users liked this post by Andrew_1214:
2019star (October 21st, 2020), rlj (July 13th, 2020)
Old August 13th, 2020, 2:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a 2020 Silverado 2500 HD LT Z71 with ATP and the dealer said that GM supplied the sensors in the 2019 model, but took them away in 2020. They are now an accessory we need to buy separately. Again, that's from the dealer, so take it for what it's worth.