Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

Shark Fin antenna

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2023, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shark Fin antenna

Hey guys, new to the forum here. I have a 2022 black widow edition Silverado RST. The roof antenna is hitting the garage door header and was wondering if GM makes a flush mount version I could install on the roof to get the truck in the garage where it belongs. It's aggravating only needing like a couple inches to pass thru. Any suggestions?
Old April 20th, 2023, 6:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I nearly ripped mine off in the first couple weeks. I couldn't find any type of lower or flush mount to replace it with. It bent the cab metal so the new one had a nice big gap on the front of it. I just black RTV siliconed it and then ran a bead around the whole thing and used a silicone tool to make it look perfect. Can't really even tell unless you get right up on it. Sure made me mad though. Super stupid place to put it for sure. Looks terrible, I wish it was at the back of the cab. They probably make millions having it where it is located though.
Old April 20th, 2023, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Trip
I nearly ripped mine off in the first couple weeks. I couldn't find any type of lower or flush mount to replace it with. It bent the cab metal so the new one had a nice big gap on the front of it. I just black RTV siliconed it and then ran a bead around the whole thing and used a silicone tool to make it look perfect. Can't really even tell unless you get right up on it. Sure made me mad though. Super stupid place to put it for sure. Looks terrible, I wish it was at the back of the cab. They probably make millions having it where it is located though.
I wonder if this would work for us? Not sure of the connectors though.

Old April 20th, 2023, 10:17 AM
CF Junior Member

I saw that one and it looks like it has a camera in it. I can take photos the wires and connectors on my screwed up antenna if you need them. I know it has 2 of them. With Onstar, navigation and cellular in the vehicle I am not sure this antenna would make everything function like it should.
Old April 20th, 2023, 10:24 AM
CF Beginner

[QUOTE=Trip;489710]I saw that one and it looks like it has a camera in it. I can take photos the wires and connectors on my screwed up antenna if you need them. I know it has 2 of them. With Onstar, navigation and cellular in the vehicle I am not sure this antenna would make everything function like it should.[/QUOTE

Oh ok, pics would be cool though. I wonder what the guts of the antenna are like? Wonder if I could file it down some and make it look halfway decent haha. I know redneck engineering. I'd rather do that then have it bake in the hot southern atmosphere or in hurricanes when they come. I literally only need 1/2"-3/4" clearance and have already had a contractor modify the structure as much as he could to get the truck in.
Old April 20th, 2023, 10:47 AM
CF Junior Member

I thought of that as well and the metal inside is to tall.

You should be able to adjust your garage door to go up higher, I was able to do that with mine. The framing for the door was plenty high but the door didn't go up high enough. I was able to gain like 4 inches more clearance. The car rear hatch door doesn't hit it any longer either! Sorry the pics are kind of hard to tell but, you can see the garage door hanging way down and then after adjustment it is above the door header on the building. Super easy to get it to go up higher, a little tougher adjusting the opener to make it contact the ground like it should once again. Some you can run through a setup program again, others have adjustments.

Old May 3rd, 2023, 5:09 PM
CF Beginner

Just an update for you guys trying to get that 6" lift on 35's in a standard size garage. I finally got her to fit. The trick is to back into the garage. By have that 1.5" lift at the edge of the garage door it inclines the truck enough to fit it in nicely with a few inches to spare.