Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

2000 Astro-more trouble

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2009, 7:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2000 Astro-more trouble

Not sure!!
Sometimes it feels like the engine stumbles or misses. I can feel a little miss just above idle. Had a fuel pump problem and had to replace it about a month ago. Just before that I put new plugs in. The cap and rotor looked ok so I just cleaned them up instead of replacing. Could this problem be the cap and rotor? I let my mechanic friend take it for a drive, he thought it might be the transmission, but I am not convinced of that at all. I don't think it had this problem at all until the plugs and cap cleaning. This thing is nickle and diming me big time!
Old October 25th, 2009, 8:37 PM
CF Active Member

Any check engine light? If no, go have the codes read at an auto parts store anyway. Might have a burnt out bulb.
Old October 26th, 2009, 6:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2000 Astro

I replaced the fuel filter at the same time as the fuel pump. Used an ACDelco fuel pump. I put in new AC spark plugs, but only cleaned the cap and rotor.I know the sec light works because it was just on for a evap problem with the gas cap. The stumble seeems to be the worst at take off from a stop.
Old October 29th, 2009, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2000 satro

[quote=Jeffro;118472]I replaced the fuel filter at the same time as the fuel pump. Used an ACDelco fuel pump. I put in new AC spark plugs, but only cleaned the cap and rotor.I know the sec light works because it was just on for a evap problem with the gas cap. The stumble seeems to be the worst at take off from a stop.[/quotte/] hi jeffro i had the same problems with the evap,fuel pump now stumble so far i had found sparks around the ignition coil tha i just replased 2 month ago also found sparks flying on different areas like the trans tube running next to the coil to make long story short i was told the distributor was stared to shot out.check for those tips and hope is not the same that i got. i am new 2 the forum hope this help.

Last edited by sleepy; October 29th, 2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old October 30th, 2009, 5:00 PM
CF Beginner

Lightbulb

Had time to work on the 2000 today. I replaced the cap and rotor, and it took care of my problem. Won't ever try to clean one again. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Just think, a mechanic thought it was a transmission problem!