Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

fuel pump problem 2000 Astro ??

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2010, 9:36 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djoker04
Those dang fuel lines are a mother to get off. Got 2 off but when we tried to get the 3rd one off the tank slipped down and broke the nozzle.
Sounds like someone didn't disconnect the fuel lines before dropping the tank. The flex lines disconnect from the hard lines in the space between the tank and the drive shaft, there is usually a removable plastic guard on the passenger side of the tank that hides these connectors.
Old July 28th, 2010, 7:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by ihatemybike
Sounds like someone didn't disconnect the fuel lines before dropping the tank. The flex lines disconnect from the hard lines in the space between the tank and the drive shaft, there is usually a removable plastic guard on the passenger side of the tank that hides these connectors.
LOL....Now you tell me! I saw that after it happened and I did do that method to get the other tank off!! I know now to do the reverse method! put the hose's on the pump then connect once the tank is up!!
Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Ok got the fuel pump done but now it won't start...just turns over and kind of rough when it does...checked coil...GOOD! when sprayed with starting fluid..it runs for a hot 2-3 seconds! Any ideas? Have about 8 gallons of gas in the tank!! I went and bought a Crankshaft Positioning sensor and will see if that will work....Oh and plugs 1,3,5 2 were dry and 1 was wet! HELP!!
Old August 2nd, 2010, 2:59 PM
CF Active Member

Sound like you still aren't getting fuel. Did the inline fuel filter get replaced? What's a fuel pressure?
Old August 3rd, 2010, 5:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Sound like you still aren't getting fuel. Did the inline fuel filter get replaced? What's a fuel pressure?
The inline was the 1st thing replaced. The hobby Shop does not have a fuel pressure gauge but when I placed a towel down and turned the key, gas shot out. I would say about 8-12 inches out! I'm going to order the full module with pump today! But I'm going to try the Crank PS today and see what happens!
Old August 4th, 2010, 7:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by djoker04
The inline was the 1st thing replaced. The hobby Shop does not have a fuel pressure gauge but when I placed a towel down and turned the key, gas shot out. I would say about 8-12 inches out! I'm going to order the full module with pump today! But I'm going to try the Crank PS today and see what happens!
Ok did some research and found out that the new pump I put in was wrong...i remember the Pump having a small gold nipple on it but nothing to connect with or to. he one I took out and the one I took from the other van did not have an inline hose! Did some research and read about some pumps have that hose and if yours didn't then it won't work. Ordered the entire assembly and will install Saturday and still might do the crankshaft sensor....will keep you posted...

FYI..I hate for people to ask a question... get poss solutions and not come back with results...that causes 100+ threadsd of the same thing when one thread could have the solution!
Old August 5th, 2010, 5:23 AM
CF Active Member

Part of the reason I started https://sites.google.com/site/astrosafariworld/.
Old August 6th, 2010, 6:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Thumbs up

Thanks! Saved in my Favorites!!
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:24 AM
CF Active Member

Feel free to make suggestions and send me content to add.
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Default 1999 Fuel issue FIXED

Ok after going thru some issues and misfortunes...I replaced the fuel pump and she's up and running!! WOOHOO!! Runs smooth as silk...will drop some GUMOUT on my next full tank!! Now to gwe tmy AC fixed!! Thanks fellas for the help!!

Quick Reply: fuel pump problem 2000 Astro ??