Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Mylink contacts question

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2023, 10:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mylink contacts question

I got a question about the contacts that Mylink imports.
2016 Silverado
Note 9 Samsung
I have several contacts in my Note 9 to locations with automatic attendants. I call, machine answers. "Press 1 for this, press 2 for that..."
The contacts numbers are saved as ###-###-####,1 where the "," inserts a 2 second pause for the attendant to answer and then hit "1" to connect through.
My problem is, the numbers work perfectly on my Note 9. Others report that the pause feature works fine for Android Auto. But it doesn't work for me because it's using Mylink. I check Mylink contacts that have been imported from my Note 9 and the entries have had the "," edited out.
When it edits it out, the entry does strange things. On my Note, there is one entry. When that contract hits Mylink, the contract now shows 2 numbers listed. Both the same number and both missing the pause command.
Is this normal for Mylink?