Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

NEED HELP: Headrest monitors in 2nd Row Captains chairs...

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2013, 9:04 AM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default NEED HELP: Headrest monitors in 2nd Row Captains chairs...

I'm currently in the middle of installing video in my 2007 Suburban. I've got the monitors and wires taken care of for the front seat headrests. That was fairly straight forward. BUT, the second row captains chairs are another story as they are solid foam pretty much and they are much hard to take apart then the front seats. Does anyone know the best way to run the wire through the seat for the second row headrest monitors?
Old January 30th, 2013, 9:37 AM
CF Active Member

bump...
Old January 31st, 2013, 8:52 AM
CF Active Member

Welp, alrighty. I guess I will go at this adventure alone and blaze a new frontier on this project....
Old February 12th, 2013, 3:48 PM
CF Active Member

well, in case any one searches and finds this thread I figure I better go ahead and update it with the solution since it didn't seem to be a question that could be answered.

1. Fold seat in half so that you have full access to the bottom part of the back of the seat.
2. "unhook" the bottom part of the seat cover to gain access to the inner part of the back of the seat. This will expose the bottom portion of the foam and the metal plate that is the seat backing.
3. You will then need to reach up into the seat basically to your elbow. (WARNING: you may want to place cardboard or something between your arm and the metal plate. It IS sharp.)
4. Start feeding the wire from the headrest through the appropriate hole and use the arm that inside the seat to grab that end of the wire. (Before this step I used a straightened coat hanger and ran in down this hole to the bottom of the seat to help guide the wire)
5. Once you've got a hold of the wire gently pull the wire down while using your other hand to maneuver the headrest.
6. Put both rods of the headrests into the appropriate holes. You will have to put these in evenly or they will not go in. You may also need to use just a little bit of force but not too much or you'll cause damage.

Once this is done you will have the wire at the bottom of the seat ready for you to run wire as necessary