Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

putting in a CD player HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2008, 4:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting in a CD player HELP!!

I have been wanting to put in a new CD player in my 94 silverado but i dont know how. I have done it with cars but we just hard wired every thing and i dont want to have to do that with mine what i dont know i s what the stock radio colors are for and i dont know how to get my casset player out of the spot for the new CD player. If annyone knows how to do this and u could give me a play by play that would be great.
Thanks for any help at all i need all i can get

P.S. i dont really want to take it to a shop to have it done im kinda broke!
Old March 20th, 2008, 7:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: putting in a CD player HELP!!

If you buy your new CD player from www.crutchfield.com they will give you the install kit, the wiring harness and the instruction manual free! Cant find a deal like that no where!! And its easy to do it yourself with all the supplied materials.
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: putting in a CD player HELP!!

94's and older have the split stereo controls and cassette player from what I remember. To remove the casette portion, pry out/up from the bottom of the trim panel around the casette deck, there should be 4 hex bolts (8-10mm) holding it in. Thats the easiest part!
Here's the hardest part, the radio has a seperate amp/tuner box under the dash, to the right of the accelerator pedal, you will see two bolts holding the tuner in place, remove and unplug all plugs. Now you will be able to pull out the cassette deck. The harness with the main power and speaker wires are plugged into the amp/tuner box, you can go to Walmart or Autozone and pick up an adapter to connect your stereo to this harness. You have enough slack to pull up to the location where the stock casette deck used to be. You will need to order online or buy from a car stereo retailer a new trim panel that will hold your new CD deck since the stock location is VERY shallow and cannot hold a CD player securely.