Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Subwoofer Box Design

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2012, 9:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofer Box Design

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and I did try to do a search, but I didn't find what I was looking for. So forgive me if this has been posted before.

I have a 2007 Silverado Crew Cab (New Body) and I'm wanting to build a sub box for under the rear seat. (I know you can buy them, but I don't like spending 100 bucks for something I can build for under 20 bucks)

Does anyone have a single 10" box in there crew cab truck, that would be willing to post pictures. Trying to come up with the best design, maybe fiberglass or wood. Thanks in advance !
Old March 6th, 2012, 8:52 AM
CF Active Member

if you want it underseat, it would be best to do fiberglass. i built a rectangle box at 1.512ft^3 and just sat it ontop of my back seat. ill try to get pictures
Originally Posted by bhawes
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and I did try to do a search, but I didn't find what I was looking for. So forgive me if this has been posted before.

I have a 2007 Silverado Crew Cab (New Body) and I'm wanting to build a sub box for under the rear seat. (I know you can buy them, but I don't like spending 100 bucks for something I can build for under 20 bucks)

Does anyone have a single 10" box in there crew cab truck, that would be willing to post pictures. Trying to come up with the best design, maybe fiberglass or wood. Thanks in advance !
Old April 12th, 2012, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

There are a few sites like onlinecarstereo that sell pre-fabbed truck boxes. You can look at those and kinda steal some design elements from it. It's fairly easy to do, just make sure you have enough room behind the sub magnet (1-2") for vent clearance.