Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Swapping stock sub in 2013 BOSE Tahoe without adding amps?

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2013, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping stock sub in 2013 BOSE Tahoe without adding amps?

Hi all. I'm new here.

Just recently became the proud owner of a 2013 Chevy Tahoe Z71, and of course, finding it difficult to resist the urge to tinker with things and make it my own.

I have a question that I can't seem to find any info on. I have the BOSE system, and while it sounds a lot better than the BOSE system that was in my old 2003 Avalanche, it still lacks some respectable bass levels.

I don't know a whole lot about speaker specifications.. What I am wondering is, is it possible to get 1.25x/1.5x or even to 2x more bass from the STOCK subwoofer location, just by simply replacing the sub itself with an aftermarket? Is it realistic to think that a better sub might sound louder/better while still running off the BOSE amp? Or is this completely illogical and dumb lol..

All of the info I found via searching seemed to all have to do with adding more subs and amps instead of just using the sub that is already there.

I did a whole project on my Avalanche to get more bass out of it (without adding another sub) and without going into detail what ended up happening is I got loads of bass from the stock sub but completely ruined the output of mids so it's all low/high and also have noise from the alternator/engine coming through it. My point is I don't trust myself with a new truck that is still under warranty, to want to do any tapping/cutting/splicing/etc..

I don't want to make my new Tahoe mucked up like the ole Avalanche..
Old June 9th, 2013, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can get a little better sound or bass , if you can find a 1.5 ohms woofer, that is what the bose unit is, replacing it with a 2 ohms or 4 ohms it's a bad idea you will lose power