Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Will Chevy adopt HD Radio in their radio unit?

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2006, 11:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Chevy adopt HD Radio in their radio unit?

Does anyone know if Chevy will start adopting HD Radio in to their radio unit in the new Chevy car?
I have heard HD Radio when I was riding in my friend's car (none american import that will remain annous) and it sounds amazing. I am in the market for the new '07 Tahoe and would love to have be able to listen to HD Radio in my new ride. By the way, if you don't know what HD Radio is all about, well it allow any radio station to broadcast their radio program digitally and the sound quality is much improved...wow! Apperently, many stations through out the US. are already broadcasting in HD radio. I found the HD radio station listing and some HD Radio articles from this site www.hdradiofind.com that same friend recommended to me.

So, back to my question. Does anyone know if HD Radio will be offer in the '07 Tahoe? Well, I guess you can alway buy an add on HD radio tuner, but if Chevy is smart they should have HD radio already build in to their unit.[8D]
Old January 14th, 2009, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Will Chevy adopt HD Radio in their radio unit?

If GM is smart they will go with HD Radio and drop it's lost investment in satellite radio. HD is the future of radio.
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:12 AM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

No the HD radio doesn't look like an option anytime in the future. You can always spend a little bit of extra money and buy an HD radio capable headunit. I'm not sure why you would want HD radio when Chevrolets come XM-eqipped.
Old August 19th, 2010, 3:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default Let's Hope So

I have one in my other vehicle (not mentioning names) and I love it. Here is a good, updated resource if you are interested:

http://hdradionow.com