Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

02 Avalanche Battery Light on…Speedo & Gas gauges OFF

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2021, 6:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Avalanche Battery Light on…Speedo & Gas gauges OFF

My battery light come on, the speedo, tach. (Please scroll down for the rest of the text)

and gas gauge go off.
The alternator is charging >12.5 volts, the battery shows positive charge and everything seems to work fine. It is.a New battery as well.
Some days it does this and some it doesn’t. It usually blinks a few times then goes to normal operations. I have disconnected and reconnected the battery both static and running…no difference. All fuses are ok. This sometimes occurs on start then resolve’s it’s self, occasionally it happens while driving and goes to normal ops after a while. Bumpy roads vs smooth don’t seem to make a difference.
It has now decided to stay in this condition for 2 days continuous…ignore the odometer, it hasn’t been on in 250,000 miles (That’s a story for another day)
Any and all help is greatly appreciated…Thank you in advance

Old August 15th, 2022, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default Repair of Avalanch

[QUOTE=Gump;471685]My battery light come on, the speedo, tach. (Please scroll down for the rest of the text)
Have you been able to repair the problem and what was the repair. Thanks Dom
Old January 20th, 2023, 11:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default 02 Avalanche battery light....

Originally Posted by Gump
My battery light come on, the speedo, tach. (Please scroll down for the rest of the text)

and gas gauge go off.
The alternator is charging >12.5 volts, the battery shows positive charge and everything seems to work fine. It is.a New battery as well.
Some days it does this and some it doesn’t. It usually blinks a few times then goes to normal operations. I have disconnected and reconnected the battery both static and running…no difference. All fuses are ok. This sometimes occurs on start then resolve’s it’s self, occasionally it happens while driving and goes to normal ops after a while. Bumpy roads vs smooth don’t seem to make a difference.
It has now decided to stay in this condition for 2 days continuous…ignore the odometer, it hasn’t been on in 250,000 miles (That’s a story for another day)
Any and all help is greatly appreciated…Thank you in advance
Did you find a solution? I'm having the exacr same problem.