Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 Reduced Engine Power

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2017, 2:45 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 Reduced Engine Power

I'm so fed up with this issue. Got a 2004 Silverado 2500 2 years ago. About a week in it goes into Reduced Engine Power. Of course this is a known and common issue. So we take it back and they work on it and replace the throttle body. This worked for a month or two. But we noticed that the speedometer started going out then the reduced engine power started happening as well. We took it back and they said that they replaced the Accelerator pedal sensor. The truck ran good for awhile, although the speedometer is completely not working ( the rest of the gauges work fine though). Well my fiance drove the truck from Texas to New Jersey about 3 month ago, about half way there it started back up doing the reduced engine power. Once in NJ he replaced the spark plugs and cleaned the mass airflow sensor. Again the truck seemed okay for a bit. I went to visit him last weekend and the truck just continued constantly with the reduced engine power issues. He barely hits the gas and the truck is doing it. We replaced the Accelerator pedal sensor since it seemed to have not been replaced as they claimed months back. But once we did that now it is permanently in reduced engine power. It used to go back to normal if he shut it off for 10 or 15 minutes. Somebody, please, for the love of god help us. I don't know what we should do next as it seems that nothing we do will fix it! I'll answer any questions you have if you need additional info. Thanks!
Old December 14th, 2020, 4:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was this issue ever solved I've got the same issue with mine that they can't figure out because it is so intermittent, I'd like to know where to go next.