Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

2007 Avalanche radio quits when it rains

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2011, 9:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by No Tyme
I just picked up an 05 Avalanche and the front speakers are not working: I have spent many hours recently and found we are not alone with this issue. I will be replacing my speakers in the next week or two as soon as I can find out what size and where the best price is.
I'll post my finding.
Yep, replacing the front speakers did the trick... I have sound from the radio, door chimes for lights and keys, and even found out how to turn the chimes down. C@@L!
Old August 10th, 2011, 3:21 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

fullpull,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing another issue with your Avalanche. Did you bring this to your dealerships attention?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 17th, 2011, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi again Elizabeth,

No time yet to see my dealer about the problems. It did start again all by itself, nobody was around at 4:15 one morning and I heard it start and run for 20 some seconds and shut off! Second time. When I went out later to check on it around 6:20 AM the battery wouldn't even crank it over. I put on my booster pack and it fired right up. No more dead battery issues since. This self starting at random times concerns me and I will get with my dealer soon. Way too much happening right now.

Are there any incentives currently for zip 53023 area? Maybe I am better off moving on from this. And.... is this the last model year for the Avalanche? I do like them, inspite of the issues I've had with my '07. I learned to never buy a 1st year vehicle from this experience. Maybe Chevy can authorize some additional trade allowance for my nightmare?
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> My name is Tricia and I am taking over for Elizabeth on the Forum. Before I provide you with any incentive information, I have to provide you with this disclaimer: Incentive eligibility is based on a number of factors including program dates, credit approval and geographic residency. Please check with your dealer for further details.

It appears that current incentive in your area for the 2011 Avalanche is 0% APR for 60 months for qualified buyers or $4,000 Consumer Cash. I do not have information for future model years; however I am showing that the Avalanche is set for production for the 2012 model year. I would recommend taking a look at the Chevrolet site for more information. You can also contact your local dealer. Good luck with your purchase!

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Old October 1st, 2011, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Well, the AV keeps on self-starting at random times. A few days ago I was gassing it up ($3.42 in WI) and while pumping gas it suddendly cranked over and fired up! That was the 3rd time now that I know of. Nobody else was around the area, no cross ups with someone's remote starter, it just has continued wiring issues! Dealer says the wiring harness by the driver's door sill and up the pillar on that side are badly corroded , like it was water logged and continues to get wet inside. I don't see any moisture visible. This cannot go on; wonder how much gas it has already burned up when this happens when I am not around? C'mon Chev/GM.
Old January 24th, 2012, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello FullPull,

I have a Chevy 2007 Silverado, that has the same condition, rain and the radio only works in the front tweeter speakers, did you get a resolution?
Old January 25th, 2012, 8:27 PM
CF Beginner

Well, the radio issue was just a preview of other issues for mine. As I mentioned in some earlier posts, the wiring harness in mine has corroded so badly lots of electrical components are doing strange things, like the self starting problem. The harness was backordered for awhile but should be in soon. Chevy has been updating me on the progress in getting the new harness.

The "computer" that tends to the chassis is bad from the shorted, corroded harness which likely all was the root cause for the speaker issues that were my warning of additional problems to come. My speakers all failed , one after another in very short order, and all needed to be replaced. Good luck with the Silverado I am sure GM knows about the 2007 issues.
Old February 11th, 2012, 3:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Successful ending to the saga

I am happy to report that a new harness has been installed in the cabin area and all is well. The source of the water intrusion was found around the driver's side door and all repairs have been completed thanks to the diligent work by my dealer Feldner Chevrolet in St. Cloud, WI. Many thanks to them as well as to Chevy for standing behind their products! I have a new found faith in GM and my dealer now. Glad this entire nightmarish issue is now behind me.