Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Cruise stopped working-help with locking diff

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2014, 2:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise stopped working-help with locking diff

Hello,

I’m new to the site but I use it all the time to help out with things. I have a 03 Avalanche with a 5.3. 4x4 with 130xxx miles, Z71 edition.

Last weekend I got stuck on a lake and spun the tires allot in the ice. During this, my ABS light came on for about 10 seconds and then went off. I got pulled out and everything seemed fine. Later I went to use my cruise and there was nothing. No light on the dash or anything. have checked the following; All tail lights and other lights work just fine (even the 3<sup>rd</sup> taillight). All fuses are fine; I even used a volt meter to check them. What would be my next steps/things to check?

Also, if anyone can provide any insight into my locking differential that would help. I have the G80 code which indicates the locking diff/Gov loc rearend. I'm having some noise problems with the gov loc. Whenever I'm on icy/snow terrain and the rear brakes lose, the rear end makes noise. There is a clunking noise when the gov loc engages/disengages. In all other aspects the rear end is working fine. I just hear noise when the tires start to slip and the locking diff kicks in. I changed the fluid and replaced it with 75-90 synthetic. I have put on 500 miles and no change. In doing some reading some guys run 80-90 in the read ends- no additive as it creates less friction on worn-out clutches????Any thoughts on what could be happening or insight on fluid