Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2015, 4:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it's nothing more than a fuse on my GMC its a number 9c

Originally Posted by islandarmor
Hi all,
two weeks ago my avalanche 2007 z71 started showing these three warnings
engine power is reduced , service stabilitrak and service traction control
I took it to the dealer and he said the problem was " throttle body" p2145
so I changed it , after a week the problem came back
this time the dealer said the " throttle body" was not learned, so he made it learned or whatever
this week the same problem came again !
I want to mention that the engine turned off "de-energized" while I'm driving three times !
Any ideas ?
Your mechanic was doing what he thought was best..old school mechanics like myself also I thought it was the throttle body. Although with newer vehicles controlled by computers your engine power is reduced because your abs was no longer working the fuse was blown. The fuse I replaced was a mini 15 app views and it resolved all of my issues it's located on number 9 fuse slot in my GMC you can always read the diagram under the lid of the fuse box. Look for abs and there is also a 40 amp fuse for the abs that could have went out also not very likely but could have

Last edited by Break& I fix it; June 1st, 2015 at 4:56 PM.
Old June 14th, 2015, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stability traction need service, reduced power and check engine light.

So about two days ago I had my 2008 Tahoe check engine light turned on and the truck said engine power reduced, and stability traction service and when pushed foot on gas it was like only able to go 30 mph limped it home with my 5 year old in the car, made me so nervous. I called the dealership they want $150 just to look at it. So luckily my dad had a code reader the code came up p2138! My truck only had 96,000 miles on it! I have read everyone's post about their problems, I can say that I have had more problems with this truck since the day I bought it. I purchased it 3 years ago and my extended warranty just expired in may! I am so dissatisfied with Chevy and seeing everyones problems. Anyone have the same code? If so what was your fix? How much did it cost to fix it?
Old June 14th, 2015, 5:48 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by That1girl
So about two days ago I had my 2008 Tahoe check engine light turned on and the truck said engine power reduced, and stability traction service and when pushed foot on gas it was like only able to go 30 mph limped it home with my 5 year old in the car, made me so nervous. I called the dealership they want $150 just to look at it. So luckily my dad had a code reader the code came up p2138! My truck only had 96,000 miles on it! I have read everyone's post about their problems, I can say that I have had more problems with this truck since the day I bought it. I purchased it 3 years ago and my extended warranty just expired in may! I am so dissatisfied with Chevy and seeing everyones problems. Anyone have the same code? If so what was your fix? How much did it cost to fix it?
Hello That1girl,

We understand this has been a difficult situation and we apologize for the recent experience you had with your 2008 Tahoe. You have the right to expect long-term reliability from your vehicle and we recognize this is frustrating. We'd be more than happy to research your concerns further by reaching out to the dealership on your behalf. Feel free to send your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership in a private message.

We are looking forward to your message,

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 22nd, 2015, 1:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default I have the exact same problem

I have the same problem with my 2007 suburban-same symptoms.
Just got off the phone with the dealer, guess what-they aren't aware of these issues. I'm going to need some help dealing with them. Please let me know how to proceed, the vehicle is getting towed shortly.
HD
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey there,

Very sorry for this concerns with your vehicle, and we can certainly understand how frustrating this may seem for you. We would be happy to look into this further for you. Please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership. Please be sure to let us know how everything goes at the dealership, and if further assistance is needed.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 28th, 2015, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

Just bought my 2009 Avalanche with 71 k miles about two weeks ago. One day driving down the highway going speed limit, it just lost power and had to pull over. Stabilitrak light came on as well as engine light. Turned the truck off restarted after a few. Stabililtrak light went out, but engine light stayed on. It did the same thing a few miles later. Was able to get it home, but not in for service yet. Engine light still on. Just bought this and now I'm worried about costs to diagnose and repair. Suggestions?
Old June 28th, 2015, 7:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by sweetdee
Just bought my 2009 Avalanche with 71 k miles about two weeks ago. One day driving down the highway going speed limit, it just lost power and had to pull over. Stabilitrak light came on as well as engine light. Turned the truck off restarted after a few. Stabililtrak light went out, but engine light stayed on. It did the same thing a few miles later. Was able to get it home, but not in for service yet. Engine light still on. Just bought this and now I'm worried about costs to diagnose and repair. Suggestions?
We'd be happy to look more into this for you, sweetdee. Please private message us your VIN, full contact information, and selling dealership. We want to do whatever we can to get this taken care of for you.

Thanks,

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 28th, 2015, 9:16 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

See they think its just the gas petal that's causing this problem. I had to take my 2010 impala to the dealer twice for this same reason but yet they still haven't recalled the body throttle
Old July 2nd, 2015, 10:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help

Originally Posted by in2pro
click on chevrolet customer service's name in any of their post and a drop down menu will give you the option to send private message..
I bought a certified used 2010 equinox at Healy brothets Chevrolet less than a year ago. Really?
Old July 3rd, 2015, 3:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default Going on 6 months now...... SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!

So, the dealership has replaced the throttle body....(twice) within 2 months. Then the accelerator pedal sensor.... (twice)..... Now took it in to the shop again on Tuesday for the (5th) time since January for the same problem. They have no idea.... What do I do??? CHEVYROLET CUSTOMER SERVICE.... WHAT do I do? I'm seriously considering contacting a lawyer... I can't even drive my truck.... HELP
Old July 3rd, 2015, 10:37 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by stemple79
So, the dealership has replaced the throttle body....(twice) within 2 months. Then the accelerator pedal sensor.... (twice)..... Now took it in to the shop again on Tuesday for the (5th) time since January for the same problem. They have no idea.... What do I do??? CHEVYROLET CUSTOMER SERVICE.... WHAT do I do? I'm seriously considering contacting a lawyer... I can't even drive my truck.... HELP
Hello stemple79,

I completely understand your frustration towards this unresolved concern and recognize how inconvenient frequent dealership visits can be. I apologize for all the trouble. Please send your VIN, mileage, contact information, and involved dealership in a private message. I'm more than happy to look into this further and do all that I can on my end to help your dealership work toward a solution.

Talk to you soon,

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control