Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Just bought a 04 Avalanche...now what????

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2018, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a 04 Avalanche...now what????

Bought an 04 loaded with every option. Here's the link:

https://fayar.craigslist.org/cto/d/c...702923086.html

I feel like I got a good deal on it. Didn't pay the asking price. My question is now what? What type of things do you guys recommend doing maintenance wise?
Old September 21st, 2018, 5:29 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Fletcher34
Bought an 04 loaded with every option. Here's the link:

https://fayar.craigslist.org/cto/d/c...702923086.html

I feel like I got a good deal on it. Didn't pay the asking price. My question is now what? What type of things do you guys recommend doing maintenance wise?
I'd drop all the oils and fluids. Replace with full-synthetics and filters (not Frams). Check brakes and brake fluid. Grease any zerk fittings, if any. Check out air filters, both cabin and motor.. Run some Techron or Seafoam in the gas tank. Check for OBD II codes. Make sure it has good air pressure in tires and spare. Check for all jack items as those go missing sometimes..Check spark plugs. Put dielectric grease on wire connectors and plug boots. Put a cooling system
additive like RMI-25 in system. Check serpentine drive belt..Change oil power steering fluid with suction hose, add full synthetic PS fluid over time & repeat
Old September 22nd, 2018, 7:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
I'd drop all the oils and fluids. Replace with full-synthetics and filters (not Frams). Check brakes and brake fluid. Grease any zerk fittings, if any. Check out air filters, both cabin and motor.. Run some Techron or Seafoam in the gas tank. Check for OBD II codes. Make sure it has good air pressure in tires and spare. Check for all jack items as those go missing sometimes..Check spark plugs. Put dielectric grease on wire connectors and plug boots. Put a cooling system
additive like RMI-25 in system. Check serpentine drive belt..Change oil power steering fluid with suction hose, add full synthetic PS fluid over time & repeat
On the way to work the CEL came on. Scanned for codes and got P0101 which deals with maf sensor reading. What typically fixes this??? I'm guessing start with cleaning it then go from there?
Old September 22nd, 2018, 1:18 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Fletcher34
On the way to work the CEL came on. Scanned for codes and got P0101 which deals with maf sensor reading. What typically fixes this??? I'm guessing start with cleaning it then go from there?
Yeah Id get some CRC MAF cleaner. Autozone shows it as 8.99 a bottle.