Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Lifters Tapping

Old December 5th, 2014, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifters Tapping

Bought a Avalanche 09 used. Started hearing tapping and while under warranty i took it to the dealership where they told me they didnt hear anything. The longer i drove it the louder it got. Dealership did all my services. After researching this i find out theyve known about this problem for some time now. They said they would pay for half the cost which would still be over $2000. Now that i have all the paper work proving GMC knew this problem was there and guaranteed the service people also knew and i turned it in before my warranty was up and they had no problem finding it after the warranty had ran out a month prior. Im considering taking legal action. When i bought the truck it had 66k miles. It has 88k miles on it now. I paid a lot of money for this truck that only got 22k miles out of it.
Old December 13th, 2014, 4:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default tapping lifters

I would talk to a lawyer if you have documentation .Be sure to see what the lawyer will charge you.A lot of dealerships are this way and when you buy a car you need to take this in consideration when dealing with them. I would find a good independent repair shop that has good ratings and ask them what is going on with your engine and what the cost would be to repair it .Personally I would not want a shop that was not honest with me to work on anything I had .You may be able to get a judge to decide in your favor and have the place you got it pay the independent shop to fix it .
Old December 15th, 2014, 5:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Don`t give up. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Its a common problem and GM knows it very well. There should be a recall. Check all the Chevrolet truck forums. You`ll find that many others have had this problem and their results. I have an 08 and replaced the engine well out of warranty. I hate the AFM aspect of this engine.