Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

My Avalanche is a transformer!

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2016, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Avalanche is a transformer!

I have 2008 avalanche lt v8 flex fuel. Within 3 weeks of owning it while driving - out of nowhere locks lock and unlock, radio goes off and on and gauges go from 0 to max - scared me to death and back. So when I pulled over and turned it off....car went completely dead, like you disconnected the battery, wouldn't turn over or anything. All lights and everything - nothing worked....except with key out of ignition and car completely dead - the cd changer would constantly switch from one cd to another.
Even crazier - in order to start car, you just move the passenger side seat back and forward again.
I replaced computers, alternator. Battery and had engine rebuilt (due to flex fuel - terrible thing for the engine - when engine turns off cylinders while driving, they eventually fail to reopen and you know this is happening because it sounds like a turkey call has going off under the hood)
After thousands thrown into car and it still freaking out ...my mom Googled it and it is the ground wire that connects to battery and back of engine.
Tips to survive....first if car freaks out, go under 45mph, do not under any circumstances push more than one window button at a time, and when you stop, simply wiggle the ground wire....it will fix everything - until it needs wiggling again!

Now, it is saying engine hot ac turned off....after it sits all night....could this be a new symptom of ground wire issues?
When my ava get up and walks away one day, I won't be surprised!