Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

No Power

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2019, 10:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Power

My 2006 Avalanche is having an issue. two weeks ago went to start the truck and it had no power at all. Battery seamed completely dead. Went and bought a new battery and it started right up. Today (two weeks later) went to start and again nothing happened. No lights, sounds absolutely no response. Battery read at 12 volts and said was fully charged with my battery charger. I disconnected the battery to check the cables found no issues with them. Reinstalled the battery cables and saw the lights in the truck turn on since the door was open. tried starting the truck and it started right up as usual. alternator was charging with no issues and the starter worked fine as well. Obviously something was preventing power from the battery getting to where it needs to go. Any ideas what I need to look at?
Old March 18th, 2019, 2:20 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

poor wire connection prob. check your positive cable and the neg
Old March 18th, 2019, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Definitely not the connections to the battery. They were tight.
Old March 24th, 2019, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default Still need help

when I disconnect the ground on the battery and measure the positive cable to the battery ground terminal I get 12 volts. If I then try the ground on the motor I get a millicts reading. I’m loosing my 12 volts. Does this mean I have a bad ground wire?
Old March 24th, 2019, 4:17 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

"when I disconnect the ground on the battery and measure the positive cable to the battery ground terminal I get 12 volts. If I then try the ground on the motor I get a millicts reading. I’m loosing my 12 volts. Does this mean I have a bad ground wire?"
If you mean milli volts yes. Take your ohm meter read frame ground to battery cable, should be 0 or so, if not, replace the ground cable. Should say to read the frame end to the battery end of the ground cable.

Last edited by kevinkpk; March 24th, 2019 at 4:18 PM. Reason: addition