Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Shopping

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2006, 5:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shopping

Brand new here. I sat in a 2007 Chevy Avalanche today and I was really impressed at the dealership. Anyone own one and want to give me a sales pitch? I currently have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 R/C witht the HEMI that has been great for me thus far, however, I need a four-door 4X4 and I am shopping around. I love the look of the Avalnche and the interior. I was glad to see I could even get 20' wheels like I have now. Any problems you guys have noticed? Any recalls yet? I have 75,000 trouble free mile on my Mopar and I need something that will meet my expectations. Question- are the any archived pages here or are these ALL the posts about Avalanches (one little page of threads)? I am active on a Dodge forum and there are a lot of old threads to read through there and it is set up just like this one. Thanks all -- Kevin
Old October 5th, 2006, 4:57 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Shopping

Kevin,
I own a 2007 tahoe, got it one week ago. I too had many dodge rams, i had one 2003 with the 4.7 and two different 2005's with the hemi. Both of my 2005 trucks were quad cab, 4x4, slt, leather, roof, loaded.

We decided we wanted something a little bigger with more cab room than the truck. So we went with the tahoe.

I love the tahoe, the suspension, the ride, the way it sits, the way it drives, the shifts are smooth, everything is nice. However, the 5.3 engine isnt the hemi. But it is is close, so besides the engine difference I love my tahoe. My hemi was also modded out the rear so that might have made the differnce, i dont recall how the hemi was stock.

I know you are looking at an avalanche and it has a lot of the same features as the tahoe, you will NOT be disappointed. I love my tahoe and will probably have one for the rest of my life!
Old February 4th, 2007, 3:41 AM
CF Beginner

Hi Kevin,

I recently bought a 2007 Avalanche LTZ 4wd, and am very satisfied... Rides smooth, the features, styling, and luxury of the truck really make it stand out... The covered bed area, and midgateare great features onthe avalanches...My father works at the plantin our area where they produce thetahoe, yukon, and escalades... and i can assure you not one thing on the new generation of these vehicles has been over looked... Idrive a 2006 dodge 3500 deisel,as a part of myworkfleet, and havedriven previous modelsand love the power and craftmanship of dodge trucks...
Old February 4th, 2007, 11:07 AM
CF Addict

Omiz,

Your avatar is a Tahoe that was just on ebay???
Old February 4th, 2007, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

yes, iv owned two 07 tahoes, and nowI have an07 avalanche... my dad works for gm... and we own apaint, body, andcustomizationshop in the area... so we buy, customize, and sell mostly Gm vehicles...

that tahoe in my avatar happens to be one of our special ordered and built tahoes for a dealer and trailered out to them a while back...

message me if u ever need any help with part or etc...
Old February 4th, 2007, 6:56 PM
CF Addict

Funny you mention all this. I saw that Tahoe on ebay, I fell in love with it. I currently have 24's, however love those wheels! I am now going to try and mimic that tahoe a little.

PM me what you can get me a set of just the 24" wheels for. I would also be interested in hearing a price or the side skirts. Thanks again and your job sounds awesome!
Old February 4th, 2007, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

thanks,

those are the street scene side skirt will run around $480.00 a set before paint... they can be found at www.stylinconcepts.com

The Momo ST-1 24 inch rims can run as low as $1500.00 and up to $2500.00 w/o tires
I dont know why the price of these rims fluxuate so much... but I think it is becasue theymight be discontinued... I also think 24's are hard to find... 22's are more available...

Those rims are very nice the look and design of these rims make them look bigger than they are... they are'nt to fancy looking either... they really get the job done...

[IMG]local://upfiles/6613/C57D1EE181D44DD3ABDF7B2B26FC31BC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6613/36A5F40050FC43B996091E8FAD526AC5.jpg[/IMG]
Old February 4th, 2007, 8:57 PM
CF Addict

Saw the side skirts!

However, having a trouble finding the wheels. The ones I do find what a ton of money for them.

Do you have idea, or hook up on where I can get the ST1's in the price you are talking? 24" is all I would want, thanks.
Old February 4th, 2007, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

yeah iv been looking for an exact price of those rims after you asked... and im having trouble finding an accurate price... im seeing the same thing too very high price for them... and then some site having themunbelievable too low... I will ask our wheels & tire tech. tomorrow and find out where we got those... the easiest place to get and quote would probably be discount tire... if u find anything about them i would like to know... casue i want a set as well too
Old February 4th, 2007, 11:14 PM
CF Beginner

I did some more research and all if found right now are the Momo ST-1 in a 22 inch @ $699.00 per wheel... looks like the 24 inch versions have been discontinued... and are probably gonna be hard to find... there is something simillar, the Niche Shaz, there are a little different but almost look the same...

[IMG]local://upfiles/6613/3786D6C42FC94607B993004D46C0E9F0.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Shopping