Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Slow starting

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2016, 2:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow starting

I have a 2002 avalanche with 5.3 vortex. I have never had any problems until lately. It used to crank right up but now it spins over but will not start up. I have to try to crank it several times before it will crank. Yesterday I was driving it and it just died. No electrical power or motor. It cranked right up after I got it stopped. Any help? Thanks in advance
Old December 14th, 2016, 4:33 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by somedude
I have a 2002 avalanche with 5.3 vortex. I have never had any problems until lately. It used to crank right up but now it spins over but will not start up. I have to try to crank it several times before it will crank. Yesterday I was driving it and it just died. No electrical power or motor. It cranked right up after I got it stopped. Any help? Thanks in advance
My guess is a loose battery connection. I am having this with my lumina, same thing. I've replaced the ignition switch, but since it's been cold haven't hooked it up yet.
Old December 14th, 2016, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it is the battery because it will turn the motor with no problem. I am thinking a fuel problem. Had a new fuel pump put in a few months back. Maybe fuel filter or fuel pressure problem. I am going to get the codes pulled tomorrow.