Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

starting issues

Old April 28th, 2016, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting issues

What a great site there is a lot of information here. I have a 2004 avalanche and sometimes when I get in and start it it acts like the battery is half dead and the starter just barley gets it started. Now wait .....come back a few days later and it starts right up. I went out the other day and the battery was infact dead found the battery was smoked and had to replace the altanator. the next day went out and the same thing as far as what I thought was a half dead battery and the truck would not start. I hooked up the jumper cables went right to the key turned it on and it started right up. it had only been hooked up for 10 seconds or less. now for the weird stuff. fridays my busy days I make 22 stops covering 50 miles checking on customers.
6:30 am go out and start the truck fires right up
7am hit the first store shut it off I'm inside for 15min come out....acting like a half dead battery but it starts
750am pull up to the next store go in for about 30min come back out fires right up.
2pm pull up to another store go inside for 5 min come back out and wont start at all......wait for 10min starts right up. no jump no charging

I think I have a lemon....I have also had a truck load of other issues over the years like fuse block grounding issue, insturment cluster going out, heated seats not working then working then blowing fuses
fuel pump not reading correctly. and the list goes on and on.

Now for the things I have to try:
replacing the starter relay
hooking up another ground to the block from the battery
replacing the starter
replacing the starter cable

and anything else you might be able to help with. so Thanks for being here . takeemmac
Old May 7th, 2016, 11:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow I thought I would get a little help

Search this Thread