Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Truck wont start

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2018, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck wont start

I'm hoping that I can be directed in the right direction to resolve an issue with my truck. Ibhave a 2010 chevy avalanche ltz and lately I havent been able to get it started when turning over the ignition. My remote alarm doesnt even work and get no response from truck. I have power to the panel, but when I try starting the engine, I get nothing.... Please advise.

Rodney
Old November 12th, 2018, 10:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default Fyi

The issue is intermittent. Sometimes after sitting for a while with battery disconnected it woukd start working. But now, this method doesnt work.
Old November 12th, 2018, 11:48 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Check your battery cables for good solid connection and corrosion at both ends. Check the wires going to the starter also.
Old November 12th, 2018, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default Already checked

Battery is 6 months old and connections are good. No corrosion to terminals and cables to battery and starter. My truck will not even respond to the remote car alarm transmitter. When I have the ignition switch in the acc position, I have power to the panel. My ac turns on as well, but when I try to start the engine, nothing happens like its not getting any power to the start circuit.
Originally Posted by oldchevy
Check your battery cables for good solid connection and corrosion at both ends. Check the wires going to the starter also.
Old November 14th, 2018, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default Gauges zero out while driving

Sometimes When truck engine is on, all my gauges on the intrument cluster panel zeroes out. My radio powers off as well. It doesnt affect driving but I'm not able to use my signal lights or able to roll my windows down. And my brake lighta do not work when this happens. If I turn off the truck and try restarting it, it doesn't start. I thought it maybe the anti theft system is going faulty and preventing it from starting. The problem is intermittent but getting worse. Ill have to wait it out and try to see if I can start the car. Can someone help?
Old November 29th, 2018, 4:27 PM
CF Beginner

This happened on my 2007 turns out is was a 2 amp fuse under the hood. Pull them all and take a look maybe
Old November 29th, 2018, 4:32 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

My guess is body control module as everything you post that is an issue is controlled by it. If it were a fuse, that would be a one time deal.